• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Crossroads of Twilight RPG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Ooookay, well then now that im in the proper place, I need some people to take a look at my map and tell me what they think of my terraining job so far.

Then, I need some people who would like to help, either making my map take less space, helping reduce model size, and most of all, to help with triggering.
As you know an RPG takes a lot of triggers, and GUI is a pain in the butt, so I would like to use Jass, I however have no experience with scripting and never understood scripting tutorials.

Crossroads of Twilight ORPG

This is the continent known as Aarhus. Aarhus was once ruled by a strong King, one who had an iron fist who brooked no resistance and allowed not a single Oricai to slay one of his subjects outside of battle. For years the King kept the Oricai and the Trollus, and the Daemons at bay with his legendary Knights.

However, in a battle outside of the town of Flavillius the King was killed, felled by a Demonic Warlock. His legendary band of knights were thrown into chaos and overcome by demon hordes and Oricai. With the king's death the Trollus to the west invaded the Dwarven kingdom raided the temple of the Old God which the elves had long guarded and looted it, tainting the land.

The Dwarves, unable to receive any further aid from either factions were forced to fight the ferocious spiders of Mt. Aarhus on their own. Eventually Jack, the Lord of the Dwarven kingdoms was forced to retreat to the deep depths of the caves, using bottle necks to slay spiders who ventured to near.

20 year later...

The Dark Warlock Nicodemus is at the peak of his Tyrannical rule. He is a tyrant unlike any other throughout the bloody history of Aarhus. Through his dark powers he has opened several portals to hell, introduced Demon Orcs, and Demon Trolls, resurrected the Evil Ones and set them in various positions of power to keep watch over his empire.

Turok, the demon and hater of the Old Gods, has been placed in the temple of the Old Gods and has tainted it's halls and it's native truants.

Shelob, the Queen of Spiders was given enhanced demons blood to combat the hearty Dwarves, and now lives deep within the cave sending her children at the Dwarves, dwindling down their numbers.

Barrister, Lord of the Oricai was given a sword that allowed him to cut down any opponent, and made him master of all Oricai lands. With such a sword Barrister was able to unite all the Oricai tribes under a iron fist, and made the Oricai much harder to fight.

*thats all I have at the moment*

The map is a 480 by 480 map, has custom hero models, some already uploaded, Im hoping it will have custom spells and such, and if I can't find someone to do the triggers for the spells/quests then this is pretty much going to the garbage pile as I won't make a map that fails horribly.

You'll be playing as one of the 9 heros who has to slay each of the Bosses, who WILL re-spawn for giggles. There will be a World Map, then to get to the bosses there will be dungeons. The World map itself is what you see, the dungeons will pretty much take up the rest of the map.

Attachments

• Random.w3x
    3 MB · Views: 89
Last edited:
Level 3
Theres going to be several more expansions onto the current land mass, but most of the map is going to be dungeons.

Current project put on hold, working on another map.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.