• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

CrossbowFootman

A Footman with a crossbow...
Attack animation is similar to my other work (The Bandit Crossbowman)...
And yes, like every Footman this one also has a 'Drink Water Canister' animation...

NOTE : To those who noticed, the preview picture shows the model with two skins (a Footman and a Captain skin)...
However the one uploaded uses ONLY the Footman skin, the 'Crossbow Captain' to the right is a preview IF THE MODEL USES THE CAPTAIN"S SKIN...

Keywords:
Footman, Crossbow, Human, Alliance, Range
Contents

CrossbowFootman (Model)

Reviews
21:56, 2nd Jan 2013 -Grendel: nice addition to the human units. approved.

M

21:56, 2nd Jan 2013
-Grendel: nice addition to the human units. approved.

Gojira2000

G

Gojira2000

You should add a quiver to his back, then it would be great.

Level 1
Wow best Crossbowman i saw here, you are very good in Modelling :D, :goblin_yeah:

just one Question how can i get the CrossbowFootman with the Captain Skin
Sorry im a noob i know, i was searching in google and in the threads but i dont know it
can somebody post a short explanation or a link to it?

Rakasch

Level 2
hey this is going to be my first model import and i imported the model and made a custom unit to add it too. When ever i place the unit to the map it shows up as that green checkered box. The tutorial said that new models need the model file,skin file,portrit file, and i should be able to use the original games skin and portrit file right? They look like they use the same textures. I do not know what im doing wrong would someone please help the noob out with this?

Level 2
Just change the model's texture path from footman to captain.

The model itself is really well done and will be used in my map. : D

What do you MEAN by that,i spent my whole day trying to see if it's working with 4 tabs of tutorials.The thing is that it's a model,nevertheless there is no skin for captain...

Tried using captain and placing the model on him,but nothing.

I really " like " how dudes from hive are very explicit.

Level 2
Ok I managed to do it with much time spent and somewhat intuition,since I'm noob.

But Reaper51's description still doesn't explain anything about the situation.