• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Critircal strike on buildings w/o object editor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
As the title says i need a trigger that would hopefuly do the same thing as the skill critical strike but without editing anything (maybe some unit data) in the object editor :grin: thanks

Level 6
why not just add a critical strike ability to the building?
and if you dont want to use object editor then..
  • Add crit to building
  • EVENT: Unit enters playable map area
  • CONDITION: triggering unit equal to YOURBUILDING
  • ACTION: Unit - Add CRITICALSTRIKE to YOURBUILDING
because if you choose to create critical through trigger, it may cause you bunch of lag if you had too many buildings with critical strike using that trigger.

Level 15
why not just add a critical strike ability to the building?
and if you dont want to use object editor then..
  • Add crit to building
  • EVENT: Unit enters playable map area
  • CONDITION: triggering unit equal to YOURBUILDING
  • ACTION: Unit - Add CRITICALSTRIKE to YOURBUILDING
because if you choose to create critical through trigger, it may cause you bunch of lag if you had too many buildings with critical strike using that trigger.

Hmmm i don't think he means this..i think he wants units to be able to critical strike buildings too.

Level 7
First of all what for do you need this? and second of all there are two skills like critical strike: 1) Critical strike just need to add to "targets allowed" structure. 2) Demolish.

Level 5
Hmmm i don't think he means this..i think he wants units to be able to critical strike buildings too.

Yes this is what i mean :) I can't use the ability editor because i am using a RoC editor, any triggers however that would do the same thing would be awesome. Demolish is what im looking for (does it still have a chance of doing 2x dmg? or is it allways... i just want it to be a chance) aperently but its a TFT ability :( any other ideas? or can you somehow make that ability un-TFT

Level 5
Hmm in RoC editor you cant change abilities ??? Or is it just me thinkin' that

Thats right... ALSO i have been playing around with the TFT editor just to try to get the purpose and i can't even get to that... i set targets allowd to ground, stucutre alot, and i set the structure as 'targeted as' the same things...It still doesnt work :O how am i goan get it to work on RoC if it doesnt work on TFT? I just need a way to get demolish not to be considered TFT.

Level 5
I know, thats why i tried making this... do you think it will work?

• crit
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit owned by Player 1 (Red) Is attacked
      • Unit - A unit owned by Player 2 (Blue) Is attacked
      • Unit - A unit owned by Player 3 (Teal) Is attacked
      • Unit - A unit owned by Player 4 (Purple) Is attacked
      • Unit - A unit owned by Player 5 (Yellow) Is attacked
      • Unit - A unit owned by Player 6 (Orange) Is attacked
    • Conditions
      • ((Triggering unit) is A structure) Equal to True
      • ((Owner of (Attacking unit)) Equal to Player 11 (Dark Green)) or ((Owner of (Attacking unit)) Equal to Player 12 (Brown))
      • (Unit-type of (Attacking unit)) Equal to Blademaster
    • Actions
      • Set randomnumber = (Random integer number between 1 and 100)
      • Set randomnumber = (Random integer number between 1 and 100)
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
        • Then - Actions
            • If - Conditions
              • randomnumber Less than or equal to 15
              • (Level of Critical Strike for (Attacking unit)) Equal to 1
            • Then - Actions
              • Unit - Cause (Attacking unit) to damage (Triggering unit), dealing (Real(((Agility of (Attacking unit) (Exclude bonuses)) x 1))) damage of attack type Chaos and damage type Normal
              • Floating Text - Create floating text that reads (<Empty String> + ((String(((Agility of (Attacking unit) (Exclude bonuses)) x 2))) + !)) above (Attacking unit) with Z offset 0.00, using font size 10.00, color (100.00%, 0.00%, 0.00%), and 0.00% transparency
              • Floating Text - Change (Last created floating text): Disable permanence
              • Floating Text - Change the lifespan of (Last created floating text) to 3.00 seconds
            • Else - Actions
                • If - Conditions
                  • (Level of Critical Strike for (Attacking unit)) Equal to 2
                • Then - Actions
                  • Unit - Cause (Attacking unit) to damage (Triggering unit), dealing (Real(((Agility of (Attacking unit) (Exclude bonuses)) x 2))) damage of attack type Chaos and damage type Normal
                  • Floating Text - Create floating text that reads (<Empty String> + ((String(((Agility of (Attacking unit) (Exclude bonuses)) x 3))) + !)) above (Attacking unit) with Z offset 0.00, using font size 10.00, color (100.00%, 0.00%, 0.00%), and 0.00% transparency
                  • Floating Text - Change the lifespan of (Last created floating text) to 3.00 seconds
                • Else - Actions
                    • If - Conditions
                      • (Level of Critical Strike for (Attacking unit)) Equal to 3
                    • Then - Actions
                      • Unit - Cause (Attacking unit) to damage (Triggering unit), dealing (Real(((Agility of (Attacking unit) (Exclude bonuses)) x 3))) damage of attack type Chaos and damage type Normal
                      • Floating Text - Create floating text that reads (<Empty String> + ((String(((Agility of (Attacking unit) (Exclude bonuses)) x 4))) + !)) above (Attacking unit) with Z offset 0.00, using font size 10.00, color (100.00%, 0.00%, 0.00%), and 0.00% transparency
                      • Floating Text - Set the velocity of (Last created floating text) to 64.00 towards 90.00 degrees
                      • Floating Text - Change the fading age of (Last created floating text) to 2.50 seconds
                    • Else - Actions
        • Else - Actions

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.