• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Critical Hit text effect

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Hi, i am not very good with floating text (it is annoying) and i need help with the fading...it doesn't seem to work. Please help?

• Events
    • Player - Player 1 (Red) types a chat message containing -test as An exact match
  • Conditions
  • Actions
    • Floating Text - Create floating text that reads 100 above (Random unit from (Units owned by Player 1 (Red) of type Human)) with Z offset 0.00, using font size 7.00, color (100.00%, 0.00%, 0.00%), and 0.00% transparency
    • Floating Text - Change (Last created floating text): Disable permanence
    • Floating Text - Change the fading age of (Last created floating text) to 1.00 seconds
    • Floating Text - Change the age of (Last created floating text) to 1.00 seconds
There seems to be something wrong...i want it to look like a critical strike kind of text but i don't know how to. I have several text's working and they scroll, but i can't get them to fade. :hohum:

Level 37
Remove the "set age" and replace it with "set lifespan". Set the lifespan to a bit over one second.

Set age means you tell the game the text has already been there for x amount of time. Lifespan is how long it stays on the screen, and fading age is when it starts to fade out.

Level 7
1) Maker is right.

2) This is how I did it in my map, it looks quite good with these values:
  • Floating Text - Create floating text that reads (- + (String((Integer(((Damage taken) + 0.50)))))) above (Triggering unit) with Z offset 0.00, using font size 9.00, color (100.00%, 0.00%, 0.00%), and 0.00% transparency
  • Floating Text - Set the velocity of (Last created floating text) to 64.00 towards 90.00 degrees
  • Floating Text - Change (Last created floating text): Disable permanence
  • Floating Text - Change the lifespan of (Last created floating text) to 2.50 seconds
  • Floating Text - Change the fading age of (Last created floating text) to 1.00 seconds
(The velocity thing is for the 'drifting away')

Status
Not open for further replies.