• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Floating Text Question

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
What would be the GUI code for making a given floating text variable, makes that variable's floating text rise up while fading gradually (eventually disappears)

I thought:
Actions
Floating Text - Create floating text that reads ! above explosionUnit with Z offset 100.00, using font size 10.00, color (100.00%, 0.00%, 0.00%), and 0.00% transparency
Floating Text - Change (Last created floating text): Disable permanence
Floating Text - Change the fading age of (Last created floating text) to 0.50 seconds

Would work, or at least make the floating text fade, but it doesn't.

Level 6
To make it float upwards change velocity.
Would I have to use a for loop for that, or does it do it automatically over X seconds?

You also need to Disable Permanence.
Floating Text - Change (Last created floating text): Disable permanence
-.-

Level 9
  • Floating Text - Set the velocity of (Last created floating text) to 64.00 towards 90.00 degrees
You can mess around with the velocity amount, I believe 64 is like normal Blizz, 32 is a little slower. Only need to run it per Floating Text just once.

Sorry about earlier, didn't read Disable Permanence in your post. My bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.