• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Creeps Keep running away once spawned

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Ok so im making a survuval kind of map, Now the idea is that A Creep is summoned some where on the map or Creeps, A seperate spawn for each player (i.e, 4 players = 4 spawns) once spawned the players creeps will hunt them down and kill them, survive to win blah blah blah..

I need to know how to make each spawn target A Seperate Hero so that no matter where some 1 is on the map player 1 reds creep will find him (attacking others on the way)

The Problem...

My current trigger has the creeps target the hero but about 10 seconds after being in the map the creep runs back to where it spawned from.. wtf is goin on lol, Any ideas as to whatmy problem is?

Level 19
Ignore the guard position for the player who controls the creeps
  • AI - Ignore the guard positions of all (-Player which controls the creeps-) units
That will make them follow the first given order after the spawn.

Other thing that may cause the bug, is that the Hero hides in the fog of war or in black mask
and the creeps can't see it, so they return to the place where they are created.

I think if you make a visibility modifiler for the player who controls the creeps
it will prevent them from returning back to the spawn point.

Last edited:
Level 12
Never make these creeps be owned by Neutral. It's a disaster to control such things, the best solution is to create a player slot for creeps, for example player 12 (brown) that isn't used too often.

Level 3
Excellent, thanks guys, Ive got it working perfect to its needs. Ive used the ignore Ai trigger, Which made an improvement by far, as well as creating a dummy player, There is no more bug in the spawn system now

Status
Not open for further replies.