• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Creep Abilities....Doesnt work?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
Okay so I have a creep on my map that has a summon bear spell; but doesnt use it...
When I tried to make it so the creep uses the spell when attacked or when attacking, I couldn't find a way to get to my spell

EXAMPLE: Order (Attacking Unit) to (bunch of abilities that you cant change +attack, patrol, ect.)

BUT heres a thrower- another one of my creeps on my map has a bloodlust ability, and it casts it right away; quite confusing :hohum:
I took the neutral hostile spell summon sea elemental for this spell.

I will +rep to whoever can help!

Level 6
Why the bloodlust spell works is because it's on auto cast :)
Unit - Order (Picked unit) to Neutral Beastmaster - Summon Bear
or something like that and instead of summon bear use the spell you based it from. Hope this helps you. Btw my hundred Post :D

Level 7
It probably casts bloodlust because that's an autocast ability.

To make a unit use a custom ability, you have to order it to use the ability you based your ability on. In your case, use "unit - issue order with no target" and order it to "human archmage - summon water elemental".

Level 15
So you mean I have to match my ability with that of Blizzard's list... -.-"?
or can I make it auto-cast?

No,no.Don't try to make the spell auto-cast,better use what i told you.
And yes...for example if you have a chain lightining spell(although you have modified i mean it was primary like this) you can use the Orc Far Seer-Chain Lightining.
Same for most of the abilities.

Level 6
Don't understand what you mean by match, but just use the ability you based your bear spell from and in this case water elemental.

About auto-casting I don't know really. You could copy bloodlust and make it with no extra stats, and create a unit when cast. Tough this is a very bad fix.

EDIT--- Doh, don't read mine XD

Status
Not open for further replies.