• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

parasite ability bug {creep victims not respawning}

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
hello
well am having a hero that uses the Parasit ability in my map
and i have neutral creeps and i have triggered them to respawn after 1 min from their death time
well everything works fine
but
if the killed creep was affected by the Parasit ability ... he does not respawn again
any ideas how can make it work
or to stop the parasit ability from attacking neutrals <<< i have unchecked the Neutrals in the Targets but still it can attack them !

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
Script a better creep respawn system?

I am guessing you rely on the unit's courpse inorder to respawn it. As parasite causes units to explode, there are no courpses so you get a whole lot of nonsense back when you try and retreive the data. You are also probably using wait in the trigger. This bug will also likly occur with spash attacks (as they explode units).

Simplest solution is to just store the unit type and location as locals and then clean them up at the end of the function.

Status
Not open for further replies.