• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Creating Dynamic Traps

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
Hey Guys and Gals :smile:

I want to create dynamic traps for a map I'm currently working on for a campaign. The trap I have in mind is a type of glaive that constantly follows a certain path, and damages units upon collision.

For those of you whom have played Warden would be familiar with the glaives I'm referring to.

It would be greatly appreciated if someone could explain to me how it is done, or even point me towards a tutorial explaining how to create one.

EDIT: Is it possible to use a neutral "unit" that runs a certain path and damages another unit on collision?

Thank you in advance.

Last edited:
Level 11
Hey Guys and Gals :smile:

I want to create dynamic traps for a map I'm currently working on for a campaign. The trap I have in mind is a type of glaive that constantly follows a certain path, and damages units upon collision.

For those of you whom have played Warden would be familiar with the glaives I'm referring to.

It would be greatly appreciated if someone could explain to me how it is done, or even point me towards a tutorial explaining how to create one.

EDIT: Is it possible to use a neutral "unit" that runs a certain path and damages another unit on collision?

Thank you in advance.

HERE IS THE TEMPLATE OF GLAIVE SYSTEM WHICH MOVES IN POINTS WITH CERTAIN SPEED.
IN THE "ADD UNIT TO GL GROUP" TRIGGER YOU CAN SET UNIT, ITS VISUAL PARAMETERS, SPEED, DAMAGE ON HIT, HIT AREA, PERIOD OF DAMAGE.
ALSO THERE YOU CAN SET THE PATH FOR EACH UNIT BY CREATING POINTS. THE SYSTEM STORES COORDINATES AND ORDER THE UNIT TO MOVE BETWEEN THESE POINTS. YOU CAN SET A BILLION POINTS TO MAKE COMPLEX PATH WAY (IN MY EXAMPLE I IMPELEMENTED 3 POINTS OR "TRIANGLE-LIKE" PATH).
IT'S EASY TO IMPORT, EASY TO SET PARAMETERS. NO CUSTOMS, NO IMMOLATIONS.

Attachments

• Glaive System.w3x
    25 KB · Views: 31
Status
Not open for further replies.