• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

[Spell] Creating abilities that can be used on resistant units, but not on heroes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 10
Had an idea to create a spell that could do a great deal of damage + negative buff, but I dont want this spell to work on heroes, is there a way to make this work ? because if I check "non-hero" in the target section it prevents the spell from targeting creatures with resistant skin as well as hero units

Level 15
You can use another classification like ancient and give to all your real heroes. Then you can select non-ancient.
You can also stop the unit, when the order is issued on a hero and display an error message:
Creating Custom Error Messages

Level 15
As far as I know resistant skin is the same as hero, so you can't distinguish between a real hero and resistant skin.

If you have "creeps" as race and level is >5 the unit also gets a certain resistance to abilities. They will use hero duration, are immune against certain skills (transmute, doom, ...), but can still be targeted by non-hero.

Level 15
I gave you two solutions. If you don't want to use a unit classification for it, you will have to trigger it.
Maybe there are other options, but I can't think of any.

Status
Not open for further replies.