• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Creating a Mod - Need help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
Hey guys & gals,

Nice to meet everyone. I'm new to the forums here as well as map making, I was recommended by someone on the B.net Forums. Said this was a good modding community. :)

Ive done alright so far with my map, I have been able to create a vast amount of units and buildings with working abilities. My problem is that they are all stuck on one map. How can I make it so that I can access all of my changes on any new map I make? I'd really appreciate any guidance with this. Thanks a lot for your time :)

Level 9
Well, since it was already done in a map this probably won't help, but in order to do that you would have had to create a new document and change its type from Map to Mod before hitting OK (this is set in the same place you pick the terrain type and map bounds etc. when going File -> New in the editor)

Level 11
Create a new mod.

Download an MPQ editor from somewhere and open your map with it.

All the data files should be stored in XML files somewhere in your map. Pull them out of your map (using the MPQ editor) and put them into your mod.

Mod now has data files. Publish it to BNet or put it in your mod folder and then you can use it.

Level 9
>Creating a Mod - Need help

It's simple: put a banhammer in someone's hands and tell them they have authority over x piece of cyberspace. Then flee for your life before, maddened by their newfound power, the new mod turns on you and you get usurped from your comfortable dwelling in x piece of cyberspace. Good luck!

*runs away*

xzibit-wtf.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.