• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Solved] Create Destructible Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
I have an issue with Create Destructible
The created destructible has no path, and for example if I create a bridge on water, the unit can't walk on bridge
So I asked here, maybe someone knows a fix for this issue
The trigger looks like:
1628426726179.png

That's how it looks in-game
(Also attached the dummy map)
1628426617644.png

Attachments

• CreateDestructibleIssue.w3m
    18.1 KB · Views: 10

Uncle

Warcraft Moderator
Level 63
I believe the walkable pathing doesn't exist unless the bridge is manually placed in the world editor.

Before I suggest anything can you please explain why you need to create bridges through triggers, what's the end goal?

Level 2
Of course I can
I'm making a map where Horde sieges Alliance's Castle
I made a unit, peon, that can build ladders on their walls to make anyone else able to climb on walls via ladders

1628449371710.png

I placed those ladders in WE, that's why it works fine
Though there's no need to worry, I have another idea of realization, placing dead ladders in WE, then reviving them when I need to create one
I asked because I already made this system, and if, as It seems, there's no way to make it work, I'll justmake another
Thanks for help!

Uncle

Warcraft Moderator
Level 63
I see, well it sounds like you've got it figured out then.

I suppose the next step is to figure out a way in which you can only build on those specific spots.

Also, maybe you could Hide/Show the ladders instead of reviving them. Not sure if that would make a difference.

Last edited:
Level 2
I see, well it sounds like you've got it figured out then.

I suppose the next step is to figure out a way in which you can only build on those specific spots.

Also, maybe you could Hide/Show the ladders instead of reviving them. Not sure if that would make a difference.
I can't Hide/Show since hidden destructibles still affect the pathing
But yes, I found another way to make what I wanted

Status
Not open for further replies.