• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Crashes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Hi, i was wondering what are the thingies that can cause your wc3 to crash ?
(I am having some dang crashes once in a while i and was hoping i would understand what is causing them so that i may have a chance to fix them.)

Level 2
Post the triggers ? Cough ... not only do they fail and i myself cant call them triggers.. they are really a LOT. :S

A crash happens when a player leaves my game and when a hero casts a chain lightning i think.

Level 2
The player leaves issue isn't important as the game crashes only when the host leaves ( game would end anyway ).
About the other nasty crash i've been having i have narrowed it down to 1 char and specifcly to 1 spell. I will post it here and i hope someone would notices something odd.
HERO PICK:
  • Actions
    • Trigger - Turn on Maelstrom <gen>
    • Trigger - Turn on Eye of the Storm <gen>
    • Trigger - Turn on Lightning Shield Razor <gen>
    • Trigger - Turn on Unholy Frenzy Razor <gen>
    • Unit - Create 1 Lightning Revenant for (Owner of (Triggering unit)) at (Center of PlayerSpawnLocation[(Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit)))]) facing 270.00 degrees
    • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
      • If - Conditions
        • FLAG_RandomHero[(Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit)))] Equal to True
      • Then - Actions
        • Do nothing
      • Else - Actions
        • Do nothing
    • Set UNIT_Heroes[(Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit)))] = (Last created unit)
    • Set Lightning_Shield_Caster = (Last created unit)
    • Hero - Create Potion of Healing and give it to (Last created unit)
    • Special Effect - Create a special effect attached to the origin of (Last created unit) using STRING_Glow[(Player number of (Triggering player))]
    • Special Effect - Create a special effect at (Position of UNIT_Heroes[(Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit)))]) using Abilities\Spells\Items\TomeOfRetraining\TomeOfRetrainingCaster.mdl
    • Camera - Pan camera for (Owner of (Triggering unit)) to (Center of PlayerSpawnLocation[(Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit)))]) over 0.30 seconds
    • Special Effect - Create a special effect at (Position of (Triggering unit)) using Abilities\Spells\Human\HolyBolt\HolyBoltSpecialArt.mdl
    • Unit - Remove (Triggering unit) from the game
    • Unit - Hide Lightning Revenant 0028 <gen>
    • Trigger - Turn off (This trigger)
HERO"S SPELL:
  • Events
    • Unit - A unit Is attacked
  • Conditions
    • ((Attacked unit) has buff Lightning Shield (Razor)) Equal to True
    • (Random real number between 1.00 and 100.00) Less than or equal to 20.00
  • Actions
    • Unit - Cause (Attacked unit) to damage (Attacking unit), dealing (((Real((Strength of Lightning_Shield_Caster (Include bonuses)))) + ((Real((Agility of Lightning_Shield_Caster (Include bonuses)))) + (Real((Intelligence of Lightning_Shield_Caster (Include bonuses)))))) x (Real((Level of Lightning Shield (Razor) for Lightnin damage of attack type Magic and damage type Magic
    • Floating Text - Create floating text that reads ((String((Integer((((Real((Strength of Lightning_Shield_Caster (Include bonuses)))) + ((Real((Agility of Lightning_Shield_Caster (Include bonuses)))) + (Real((Intelligence of Lightning_Shield_Caster (Include bonuses)))))) x (Real((Level of Lightning Shield (R at (Position of (Attacking unit)) with Z offset 0.00, using font size 10.00, color (0.00%, 0.00%, 100.00%), and 0.00% transparency
    • Floating Text - Change (Last created floating text): Disable permanence
    • Floating Text - Set the velocity of (Last created floating text) to 64.00 towards 90.00 degrees
    • Floating Text - Change the fading age of (Last created floating text) to 3.00 seconds
    • Floating Text - Change the lifespan of (Last created floating text) to 5.00 seconds
    • Lightning - Create a Chain Lightning - Primary lightning effect from source (Position of (Attacked unit)) to target (Position of (Attacking unit))
    • Trigger - Run Destroy Lightning <gen> (ignoring conditions)

Last edited:
Level 2
Also i would like to ask is it a problem if you have a lot of triggers that create groups and causes units to damage the groups ? If yes then can someone tell me what problems it may cause and also is there another way to damage multiple units without using groups.
I currently have ~20 triggers using groups (though you cant have all the triggers enabled at once becouse of the wide hero selection, i would predict somewhere around 5 - 10 triggers with groups will be active per game(including the item triggers))

Status
Not open for further replies.