• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Game and WE crashes when I load AshnShrooms1.mdx

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 14
If I load a map that has this blizzard created mdx my game crashes. If I load a map that has this mdx my WE crashes. If I put this mdx in my map my WE crashes. I just don't understand, why does it crash. I had wc3 installed 3 times before and I never had this problem, the error says that the file is corrupted or something similar, does that mean that there is a virus on that mdx? Is there a tool that can be used to fix this, without having any nasty side effects?

Level 14
As far as I know of, only with that, but I didn't open every single blizz model in the WE yet so I can't be sure. I did play around 20-30 maps since I last installed wc3 so I can safely say that most of the models dont crash the game, however I am sure I did not load all of the rocks, trees or some other doodad so I can't be sure if the ashenvale mushroom is the only one causing trouble.

Level 14
It's a blizzard model, it exists in the game, but if you really want to take a look at it I'll upload it. Oh and btw the path of the model in the mpq is Doodads\Ashenvale\Plants\AshenShrooms\AshenShroom1.mdx

Last edited:
Level 2
It's a blizzard model, it exists in the game, but if you really want to take a look at it I'll upload it. Oh and btw the path of the model in the mpq is Doodads\Ashenvale\Plants\AshenShrooms\AshenShroom1.mdx

if the model already exists and is embedded within the game, then why bother importing it?

Status
Not open for further replies.