• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Crash] World Editor crashes when saving Campaign

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Hi! I'm having the same problem that they had in this post. When I try to save my progress in my custom campaign, it crashes. I can save maps normally, but not campaigns, not even the default one that comes blank. It was working fine yesterday, and I even reinstalled already. I don't receive a crash error, it just closes, but I think it does generate an error log, I just don't understand any of it.

It's noteworthy that I can use "Save As..." instead, and it works, just as the post above suggested. It is, however, a little annoying so I was hoping someone knew how to solve it. The post says the campaign save path is wrong, but idk how to fix it. I know it's a tiny detail, but I'd appreciate any input!

Level 29
As the thread suggested, you'll have to use the "Save As" option because the location for the campaign files is somewhat different. You should direct it to "Campaigns" folder. If you still encounter a problem, then your game (and the WE) is likely corrupted. You should reinstall the copy if you are using 1.31 using this link.

Level 3
Ok, this is funny. I cleared the registries of the WE so I could install the back-up Files, just in case, and that seems to have solved the issue... Somehow?
So, yeah, if anyone has that problem, that's worth a try. I still reinstalled, just in case.

Still, you told me in that other thread that 1.31 isn't exactly the best option for map-making, would you advise me to use another? 1.30.4 maybe? I have no problem with that, tho I was hoping to use the new UI creator, but it is for 1.31+. I'm willing to make the sacrifice for a more stable map tho.

Level 29
Ok, this is funny. I cleared the registries of the WE so I could install the back-up Files, just in case, and that seems to have solved the issue... Somehow?
So, yeah, if anyone has that problem, that's worth a try. I still reinstalled, just in case.

Still, you told me in that other thread that 1.31 isn't exactly the best option for map-making, would you advise me to use another? 1.30.4 maybe? I have no problem with that, tho I was hoping to use the new UI creator, but it is for 1.31+. I'm willing to make the sacrifice for a more stable map tho.
You could try the very older versions of WC3 or even get the third-party WEs (JNGP/WEX), which is outdated.

Status
Not open for further replies.