• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Crash] World Editor Crash

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
So I was making a map and save it, I opened it 100 times before and after. I saved it today one last time closed the editor. I went to get something to eat came back loaded the map and the map keeps crashing for no reason. I do not understand what happen, I didn't bring new models or anything like that I didn't have before. Is it because of the update? Because when I check anything in the task manager it does not go more than 49%. Is there any way to recover the map? I even uninstalled and reinstalled warcraft 3 reforged but it does not work.

Level 29
Read this:

Assuming you have backed up the 1.32 files, including the World Editor, you won't encounter numerous problems.

Level 5
Read this:

Assuming you have backed up the 1.32 files, including the World Editor, you won't encounter numerous problems.
I don't have the 1.32 and I only use the newest patch.

Level 29
I don't have the 1.32 and I only use the newest patch.
That's it. The problem occurs because you are using the 1.33, which produces numerous bugs that's relating to World Editor.
Also, you can't open the map that was made with 1.33 on 1.32's World Editor:
The new patch was the major version number 1.33, so any older version of the game that might be labelled 1.32 would probably be the version to compare against. If you map does not crash on those older versions, then that might be a possible solution. Also, if you saved your map on the Patch 1.33 World Editor you cannot easily go back and open it with the Patch 1.32 World Editor (if you find a copy), so make sure you always keep backups of your map file if you want to try that.

Level 5
That's it. The problem occurs because you are using the 1.33, which produces numerous bugs that's relating to World Editor.
Also, you can't open the map that was made with 1.33 on 1.32's World Editor:
I found the problem but I do not understand why...
So lets say I have GreenGrunt.dds on a model and BrownGrunt.dds on another model. They work, the map does not crash but when I add a third dds to another unit it crashes the map. If I have GreenGrunt.dds, BrownGrunt.dds and GreyGrunt.dds the map just crashes like...Why?

EDIT: I "solved" it's more like I have found the model that bugs the map. For some reason the model bugs the map in such way that you can leave the import model and texture inside the import file in the map, it will crash the map on the first run, but on the second and third try the map will run as long as the model stays inside the import files and it is not used. When you apply the imported model in your object editor with a custom model it will crash the map and the map cannot be opened I tried 5 times to open the map with that model inside the map. The other horrible thing I witness with this patch is that if this model is on Test4* and you import it and place it on the map and then save the map as Test5 it will bug the Test4 map as well! And neither the Test4 or Test5 map can be opened. Anyway, thank you Ravager16829 for your help, I apreciate it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.