• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Cowboy Hat

Cowboy Hat

UPDATE: The portrait is the same model, but with a few extras. See in the spolier below.
194769-albums6719-picture93959.png
194769-albums6719-picture93960.png

v1.1 [18.1.2015] - Increased the polycount of the outer ring of the hat and added a version with extras as a portrait.
v1.0 [17.1.2015] - Uploaded

Please do not edit or post any of my models on other sites without my permission! You are however free to resize and rotate the models in order to fit them to your units.
Enjoy and give me credits for my work!

Keywords:
Cowboy, West, Wild West, Murica, Hat, Sheriff
Contents

Cowboy Hat (Model)

Cowboy Hat (Model)

Reviews
12:44, 1st Mar 2015 MiniMage: I can has cowboy hat.
This is great! But considering that it's already down to 3.87 KB, I think you could afford to make it a bit more round, or at least link a version with more polygons in the description. Of course you don't have to as it's plenty detailed enough to be used as an attachment, but if someone wanted to have a close view of it, perhaps in a clothes shop or inventory screen, it'd be nice to have one with mesh of quality to match the beautiful wrap.

4/5; great use of in-game textures with a miniscule file size.

Edit: It looks perfect now!

Last edited:
This is great! But considering that it's already down to 3.87 KB, I think you could afford to make it a bit more round, or at least link a version with more polygons in the description. Of course you don't have to as it's plenty detailed enough to be used as an attachment, but if someone wanted to have a close view of it, perhaps in a clothes shop or inventory screen, it'd be nice to have one with mesh of quality to match the beautiful wrap.

4/5; great use of in-game textures with a miniscule file size.
Thanks for the suggestion, I doubled the polycount on the outer ring of the hat. Hope it's better now :)

Level 30
It looks perfect now! Did you not update the preview, or is the site just still showing the old one as it sometimes does due to cache?

Took me 5 years to figure out why it doesn't seem to update the preview. If you have seen the preview of a resource once the image is stored in your browser cache so you have to delete cached images in order to let you see the updated one. It's weird but yeah.

Took me 5 years to figure out why it doesn't seem to update the preview. If you have seen the preview of a resource once the image is stored in your browser cache so you have to delete cached images in order to let you see the updated one. It's weird but yeah.

I know that, but I really don't like to clear my cache because I'd lose save progress in flash games and such. And I don't want to go digging around in there for the image. I'll be alright, it's not that important.

By the way, BR, could I see the dummy model in the corner of your preview? That looks like it would be really useful. I've always meant to get around to making one, but I always get lazy and just chop off a piece of the villager and try to model around it.

I know that, but I really don't like to clear my cache because I'd lose save progress in flash games and such. And I don't want to go digging around in there for the image. I'll be alright, it's not that important.

By the way, BR, could I see the dummy model in the corner of your preview? That looks like it would be really useful. I've always meant to get around to making one, but I always get lazy and just chop off a piece of the villager and try to model around it.

Actually, that IS the villager model, I got it from HERE. It's just a villager model with axis point right at a certain attachment point so it would be easier for people working in milkshape and such. Enjoy! :)

Actually, that IS the villager model, I got it from HERE. It's just a villager model with axis point right at a certain attachment point so it would be easier for people working in milkshape and such. Enjoy! :)

Thanks! I just sent myself a message with the link for keepsake, along with a reminder not to reply to myself because that would just be crazy.:infl_thumbs_up:

By the way, what inspired you to add the bling to the hat?

Thanks! I just sent myself a message with the link for keepsake, along with a reminder not to reply to myself because that would just be crazy.:infl_thumbs_up:

By the way, what inspired you to add the bling to the hat?
Well, there were just some more things I thought belonged to a true cowboy hat, like those button thingies (dont forget them xD) and because the hat looked to plain without these. Who knows, I might continue the set with some shiny boots or a revolver or something :p

Well, there were just some more things I thought belonged to a true cowboy hat, like those button thingies (dont forget them xD) and because the hat looked to plain without these. Who knows, I might continue the set with some shiny boots or a revolver or something :p

A revolver would be badass. I don't think I've ever seen a model of one here. The closest thing I can think of is Fingolfin's Mauler, which is the alien revolver shotgun pistol thing from Halo 3.