• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Hat

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Reactions: David
A modern hat/cap.

Can be used in modern maps.

Please give credits if used :)

update: Reduced filesize.

Update: Added a "real" texture, although I dunno, it if it would be noticeable.

Keywords:
Hat, Cap, Modern, Head, Wear, Ulo, Attachment, bisnar13, Sunlight, Protection
Contents

Hat (Model)

Reviews
13:29, 21st Oct 2012 Kwaliti: This needs an actual texture. -Grendel: still looks like a team-colored blob in game.

M

13:29, 21st Oct 2012
Kwaliti:

This needs an actual texture.

-Grendel: still looks like a team-colored blob in game.

Bisnar, That had definitely needs to have a real cloth texture wrapped to it.

There are plenty of good clothing textures, I'll leave choosing one to you. If you still want it to be red, or teamcolored, you can blend a red, or Replacable ID 1 (teamcolor) with the other texture, using multiple material layers, so as to keep the color, but add the details from the other texture at the same time.

At the moment it's just way too cartoony.

It looks slightly better. It used to be worth 0/5 from me, unrated, but now it's worth a 1/5 (ratable, but still not approvable).

You'll need to either:
1 -- Switch the villagerman texture with a cloth that has more contrast, or
2 -- Separate the cap into two geosets, with the bill of the cap having the teamcolor + cloth, and the ball of the cap having just unteamcolored villager cloth. You need to do -something- to make the bill and ball easier to differentiate in-game.

If you do these, I'd rate it a 2/5, still not good, but approvable. If you do a good job at those things, I might even give it a 3/5.