• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Corexx´ Terrain Screens

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 34
It's back from the dead!! OoooOOooo

Good to see you like his terrain, but he is inactive for the most part.

Level 34
Very exceptional terraining! I'm very happy to see that you have accepted Shados' offer to terrain our map and welcome to our little "team." Once we give it to you to terrain, if you need any custom models, just PM me
And I'm glad to hear he still terrains!

Level 7
Here is a WIP of my space-station.
Unfornately I deleted the map by mistake and all data-recovery-progs don´t find the map. ~0~

The second picture shows an older version of the space-station and some notes what I wanted to add.
Although it´s german I think you´ll understand it.

Attachments

• Raumstation_alpha.jpg
    Raumstation_alpha.jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 133
  • Raumstation_Skizze.jpg
    Raumstation_Skizze.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 156
Level 23
For those who can't translate it on their own, this is a... open translation, not 100% accurate as I am Dutch not German ^^, please correct any errors.

-It exists of 1500 doodads or more
-Boven ring system will be (sorry, don't know what ähnlich means) big as the lower one. And most likely (Have?) a landing surface :p

1 Living sphere
2 Upper Ring system
3 Lower Ring system
4 Landing zone
5 Hangar or (Triebwerke, what's that? ^^) I don't know for sure yet. ^^

Level 7
Time for another update:

A Darkranger dodges an arrow:
The first one is the final version, all the others were made as I searched for a fitting special-effect for the flying arrow.
Hope you like it.

Additionally I add some older screens which I found in the last days on one of my older harddrives.
Although they´re more experimentical and not that high quality like the mass-doodad-robot. :p

Attachments

• Schweingehabt03.jpg
    Schweingehabt03.jpg
    247.2 KB · Views: 275
  • Schweingehabt04.jpg
    Schweingehabt04.jpg
    241 KB · Views: 226
  • Schweingehabt05.jpg
    Schweingehabt05.jpg
    238.8 KB · Views: 235
  • Schweingehabt06.jpg
    Schweingehabt06.jpg
    240.4 KB · Views: 197
  • Mirror_immage.jpg
    Mirror_immage.jpg
    150.5 KB · Views: 252
  • Allee03.jpg
    Allee03.jpg
    162.8 KB · Views: 197
  • GiantGuardian02.jpg
    GiantGuardian02.jpg
    204.6 KB · Views: 214
  • TheTower03.jpg
    TheTower03.jpg
    81.6 KB · Views: 180
  • TodK08.jpg
    TodK08.jpg
    131 KB · Views: 332
Level 23
You have 8 posts and now 47 rep (after my post:p)

Your terrain arts are true masterpieces. Can't express how many times better you are, but let say; If you are as great as the sun, I would be a tiny ant burned to death when trying to shake your hand ^_^

Love them all!

Level 36
I don't like the new ones. Honestly, I think you should stick to high-quality experimentals and take more time because the output is definitely better, and is the difference between a good terrainer and an expert. I find that applies to me too, if I spend time on my works they come out brilliant.

Level 7
I don't like the new ones. Honestly, I think you should stick to high-quality experimentals and take more time because the output is definitely better, and is the difference between a good terrainer and an expert. I find that applies to me too, if I spend time on my works they come out brilliant.

Well, atleast I make my screenshots just for fun.
I don´t care if someone think they´re "brilliant", or not, if I like them ( surely it´s nice, if people think they´re brilliant, but at first I make the screens for my own :p ).

But I would´nt start wasting too much time to create really "brilliant" screens ( like the robot ) anymore. 16 Hours ( more or less ) for each screen I´ll made sounds rather high and so far the quality of my screens ( the most needed 2-3 hours to create ) seems to be enough for the most people to call me "brilliant", a "terraining good" etc.
I think there´s no necessity to increase the number of hours I work on my screens. :O

Level 7
Anyways, I'm an obsessive perfectionist so I guess my point of view is to spend however long it takes to make it omgwtfbbq awesome =)

I´m probably an even bigger perfectionist as you, but unfornately I can´t spend 5 or more hours for each "normal" ( = doesn´t belong to a project, but it´s just for fun or for a contest ) screen, because of my rpg-project and other stuff like my rl.
Soon I´ll open a terrain showcase with circa 30 screens of my current rpg-map - hopefully they will be "perfect" enough for you, Void. :p

Level 7
He's actually made 12 posts since I made my terrain gallery =3

He must be inspired by competition.

In fact I disliked the Hive-Community in the beginning.
Don´t know why.

But you guys have a really active terrain-community with alot of good terrainers and nearly each day a new piece of work is going to be published.
Unfornately the german mapping-community, which is still active in general, lacks some activity by releasing and discussing screenshots, the skills of the terrainers and so on.

Thats the main reasons why I tried to increase my activity @ hive in the last days.
Besides my english-skill, which is just moderate yet, needs some practice. ;D

Level 34
In fact I disliked the Hive-Community in the beginning.
Don´t know why.

But you guys have a really active terrain-community with alot of good terrainers and nearly each day a new piece of work is going to be published.
Unfornately the german mapping-community, which is still active in general, lacks some activity by releasing and discussing screenshots, the skills of the terrainers and so on.

Thats the main reasons why I tried to increase my activity @ hive in the last days.
Besides my english-skill, which is just moderate yet, needs some practice. ;D
Glad to see we've pulled you over to the dark side.

It's true, we have one of the most active terraining communities. Of all the forums here, the most friendly is the terrain. And one of the most active.

Ah, hello X.e.r.e.X.

I love the way that robot is made of doodads only, (I can't even get a doodad to come loose from the ground, let alone go into the exact position needed to make a little part of the robot)

Robot: flying height, pitch/roll angle(this is about it) and yeah the model file :p anyway Corexx, you are good at terrains so i must reward you :)

Level 2
Last ones my favorite, whered you get those models for the castle they increase the wow factor of the screenshot tenfold

Status
Not open for further replies.