• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

[General] Copy to all chapters

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 37
Hey.

I wonder if there's a way to copy a code to all chapters? I mean I've a campaign and I have to copy all triggers to all chapters every time I release a new version. That's pretty tiresome as the there are so much chapters and triggers to be copied.

So I'm looking for a solution to lighten my burden.

Level 1
The current problem is like this:

At the moment in the campaign Aeroblyctos is opening a map, then selecting one trigger category (which holds a bunch of global triggers he wants in every map of the campaign) and selecting copy.

Then he opens the next map in the campaign, and pastes it there.

He does the same thing for every single map in the campaign.

There are about 10 maps, and each one takes a good five or so minutes to load, making this job take about an hour! Is there a quicker way to either:

copy one trigger category to all maps in one go
or
set a bunch of triggers as global so they will be used in multiple maps and only one place needs to be updated.

@Hamza - I was asking what a global trigger is because AFAIK you cannot make global triggers, at least not using the trigger editor...

if its scripts, yeah I think you could make external scripts and import it at the Campaign Import blahblah and just add a trig in each map which adds the script to that map [maybe via LUA or whatever]

Level 1
@Hamza - I was asking what a global trigger is because AFAIK you cannot make global triggers, at least not using the trigger editor...

if its scripts, yeah I think you could make external scripts and import it at the Campaign Import blahblah and just add a trig in each map which adds the script to that map [maybe via LUA or whatever]

Sounds like a plan! Thanks mate.

Go on Aero do your research :)

Status
Not open for further replies.