• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Copying all objects to another map

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Hello people!

I have a few questions and the main one is how to copy whole object editor (that means everything that I've done inside on one map) from one map to another? (if it's even possible). I'm a beginner and am experimenting in the Editor, but after doing some custom units and abilities on one Blizzard map (icecrown), I made my own and now I want to copy all the units to my map. I've tried to do copy paste every one of them 1 by 1 but abilities don't work when I copy them :S Any1 can help?

Another thing is: how can I protect my map with some kind of password or anything so nobody else can open it?

And last: Can someone direct me to a tutorial showing in detail what all of the fields in the object editor mean, because some of them make me very confused and I don't know what to do with them. For now I don't plan to try JASS.

I'm sorry if I asked some stupid questions that should take care of themselves, but I'm just begining to explore the editor.

Thank you!

Level 11
Good morning!

About your first question, I don't believe that it's possible, but I think that I'm wrong, as I've seen similar topics in the past. Sorry, but I can't help you there :/

Regarding the second question, you cannot protect your map with a password. You can protect it so that nobody (including you) can open it in the editor. If you want it to be protected, then always remember to take backups of your map.

On your last question, I don't think such tutorial exists (for ALL WE fields, that is), but you can usually understand what each field does if you alter it. The key is experimenting with them. That's how I actually understood what most fields do; I changed them and then tried to find out what had happened.

In any case, you will find many tutorials here. Have a nice day!

Last edited:
Level 2
Thanks a lot that helped!

Now I got another question. Every hero that I add to an altar can be trained unlimited number of times, which crosses the trigger that allows only one copy of each hero per player. How can I fix that? I put ranger general hero in the altar. However, other heroes that were in the altar by default can still be made only once. What's the problem?

Level 11
First of all, delete the melee triggers. To allow a hero to be trained multiple times, you should tweak something in the Gameplay constants. I don't have my WE here right now, but you should check there :)

Last edited:
Level 2
I'm sorry. I formulated my question wrong.
What I wanted to ask is: How can I make all heroes in an altar trainable ONLY ONCE? My problem was that every hero which wasn't in the altar by default could be made multiple times. For example: in human altar mountain king, archmage,paladin and blood mage could be made once like normal, but when i add for example sylvanas (a campaign hero) I can train her like 10 times. I want to limit her to 1 as well :D

Level 6
I'm making an altered melee map right now, and I had this same problem.

In my map, I used these two triggers. Because my map has a strong need for identifying and using player numbers, I simply set each one to a variable, and then use the "For each (Integer ForLoop_Temp_Integer) from 1 to 8, do (Actions)". ForLoop_Temp_Integer is an integer variable I reserved specifically for these For-Loop triggers.
  • Events
    • Map initialization
  • Conditions
  • Actions
    • Set PlayerIndex[1] = Player 1 (Red)
    • Set PlayerIndex[2] = Player 2 (Blue)
    • Set PlayerIndex[3] = Player 3 (Teal)
    • Set PlayerIndex[4] = Player 4 (Purple)
    • Set PlayerIndex[5] = Player 5 (Yellow)
    • Set PlayerIndex[6] = Player 6 (Orange)
    • Set PlayerIndex[7] = Player 7 (Green)
    • Set PlayerIndex[8] = Player 8 (Pink)
  • Events
    • Map initialization
  • Conditions
  • Actions
    • For each (Integer ForLoop_Temp_Integer) from 1 to 8, do (Actions)
      • Loop - Actions
        • Player - Limit training of HeroA to 1 for PlayerIndex[ForLoop_Temp_Integer]
        • Player - Limit training of HeroB to 1 for PlayerIndex[ForLoop_Temp_Integer]
        • Player - Limit training of HeroC to 1 for PlayerIndex[ForLoop_Temp_Integer]
        • Player - Limit training of HeroD to 1 for PlayerIndex[ForLoop_Temp_Integer]
Hope this helps. If you have further questions, feel free to ask.

Level 2
Hehe well now that I have created the limit (thank you very much for it) my heroes appear to cross the tier requirements that i've set for them. That means I don't need to have keep for my 2nd hero or castle for 3rd, but rather I can make all 3 heroes at once. Did this happen to you too? I copied same fields from default heroes regarding the techtree requirements but it doesn't work on the new ones.

Level 11
You mean that your custom heroes have Tier 2, Tier 3 etc in their requirements? There are some fields called "Techtree - Requirements". Have you filled those in?

Level 2
Yes OFC I filled these fields exactly as they appear at each default hero.
Don't know why it doesn't work, it's really strange.

Another question came up to me: Is there a trigger which makes buildings unable to produce, be repaired or upgrade? Actually just do nothing until the effect is gone?

Level 11
There is a spell that makes buildings unable to produce or upgrade. Frost Wyrm has it, but I'm afraid I do not recall its name. I think you can't repair them either, but I'm not so sure about that.

Level 2
I know that frost wyrm has it but I need the same effect by casting an ability which has targets. Frost wyrm's ability is passive and it is applied with each attack.

Status
Not open for further replies.