• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

copy a part of a model into a new geoset without changing any data (4 skinning)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 30
i need some help with modelling ! how can i copy a part of a model in to a new geoset without changing any bone and animation data?This question is for uv-map, So i can use all different sorts of skins without need to redo the animations.
what tool are you using? and could you explain yourself a bit more?
i use magos + oinkerwinkle tools

Last edited:
hmm, uniting 2 geosets but keeping animation data, requires you to edit the mdl directly using notepad(yet, very few people know of the orthodox mdl editing methods).

you have 2 options:

*-the first one is to make a normal geoset merge and then reassign the vertexes to their tvertex group (use the expand tool to help yourself)

*-The second one and most effective is to do it by hand, editing the mdl.

Level 30
hmm, uniting 2 geosets but keeping animation data, requires you to edit the mdl directly using notepad(yet, very few people know of the orthodox mdl editing methods).

you have 2 options:

*-the first one is to make a normal geoset merge and then reassign the vertexes to their tvertex group (use the expand tool to help yourself)

*-The second one and most effective is to do it by hand, editing the mdl.
cant any1 who knows how 2 do that , make a tutorial?

I doubt anyone in this site other than me and maybe frankie know as much of the mdl direct editing to make a tutorial; people no longer use those techniks since most tools now make what you made before editing the mdl directly.

I could guide you to indirect tutorials which could teach you how to edit the mdl directly.

link: http://hilton.gw.oiccam.com/showthread.php?t=62518

Level 30
I doubt anyone in this site other than me and maybe frankie know as much of the mdl direct editing to make a tutorial; people no longer use those techniks since most tools now make what you made before editing the mdl directly.

I could guide you to indirect tutorials which could teach you how to edit the mdl directly.

link: http://hilton.gw.oiccam.com/showthread.php?t=62518

i asked general frank and he said that maybe he ll make a tutorial about it later

Status
Not open for further replies.