• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Making new geosets

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
how do i make a model use several geosets?
As far as i know, a geoset may only use one texture path. So if i've got things right, i will need more geosets in order to use more different textures.

Now, i've made all the model parts in vertex modify, but i want them all to be geosets in one model. I know yoy can import geosets with magos, but then they have to be .geo files, and vertex only saves as mdl.
Do i really need a more sophisticated modelling program for such a simple task?

ANd second, how does the clone tool work in vertex modify? Is it like copy and paste?
I only get errors when trying to use it.

Level 26
how do i make a model use several geosets?
As far as i know, a geoset may only use one texture path. So if i've got things right, i will need more geosets in order to use more different textures.

Now, i've made all the model parts in vertex modify, but i want them all to be geosets in one model. I know yoy can import geosets with magos, but then they have to be .geo files, and vertex only saves as mdl.
Do i really need a more sophisticated modelling program for such a simple task?

ANd second, how does the clone tool work in vertex modify? Is it like copy and paste?
I only get errors when trying to use it.

the first part is not 100% correct. A geoset can use many textures but only 1 material(example. team colored parts)

the best way to create new geosets is to use geoset merger because thise tool combines 1 model with 1 geoset without getting problems.

I suggest you to start working on each of your geoset as an individual and after that you merge all your parts together.

Status
Not open for further replies.