• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

How to make geosets transparent in Model Editor (not with "additive" or in WE with triggers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 13
I wonder if there is a way of giving specific geosets of a base model transparency without the "additive" filter that just uses the lightest parts and glows in the dark?

I know in WE it's easy since you can change vertex color and how "see-trhough" you want your model to be with triggers, but fo editing the base model itself I have so far not found that option. I looked around in the geoset and texture animation options but there I only know how to change colors, not transparency.

Any ideas?

You can change the transparency of materials with the Alpha setting. Although I am not sure if all filter modes work with it. You'd have to play around with it to find out.
You also play around with the Alpha setting of geoset animations.
1668055393252.png

Status
Not open for further replies.