• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Solved]Magos Model editor geosets disappearing tint

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 14
Hi :),
I have a problem with a model, when I add geoset animation for changing the color of some geosets with magos model editor, some of those geosets disappear, does anyone know how to fix that problem ?
thanks

problem-png.312234

Edit : forgot to attach the model

Attachments

• problem.PNG
    problem.PNG
    168.8 KB · Views: 196
  • NomadBeastMaster2.mdx
    175 KB · Views: 32
Last edited:
Level 21
I experienced the same problem with Magos' Model Editor; sometimes it changes the alpha in geoset animations to random values (e.g. 0.545098); you need to convert the model to MDL, open it in Notepad; press Ctrl+F; find 'GeosetAnim'; change the alpha to 1; save the file and convert it back to MDX.

Attachments

• NomadBeastMaster3.mdx
    175 KB · Views: 34
Level 14
I experienced the same problem with Magos' Model Editor; sometimes it changes the alpha in geoset animations to random values (e.g. 0.545098); you need to convert the model to MDL, open it in Notepad; press Ctrl+F; find 'GeosetAnim'; change the alpha to 1; save the file and convert it back to MDX.

thank you :) would have never found this solution alone :D

Level 22
That's a bug in Magos Model Editor : when you tint a geoset and save, the red value (or blue, i dont' remember) gets saved in place of the alpha value, which causes the bug.
Which means the bug only appears with some colors and not others.

I use another way to fix it : just check "animated" for alpha and make sure the alpha is "0: 1" in anim key.
Using the animated alpha overrides the bug.

Status
Not open for further replies.