• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Converting to custom text

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
I am designing a terrain randomizer for my map. I figured out a good system, and started to work on it.(so far I have randomized trees and texture, but not cliff height) Now my issue was that because I am making a rather large map, this would need to be copied and attached to 29 different regions with different execution times to minimize lag. So, having an idea of what Jass looks like, I used the "convert to custom text" command so I could type in the region names and execution times instead of clicking around for an hour. I thought this was working well, until I went to save and test the first five regions of my map, it came up with 104 compile errors. None of the leaks were of my doing, in fact, every error was within the part of the custom text that was originally converted. This system worked before I converted to custom text, so it's not my fault. Since this is my first time actually using custom script, I am drawing blanks on how to fix these errors. Any help would be appreciated. (Link to the map is included if needed)

Attachments

• Organtal Attack.w3x
    334.3 KB · Views: 42
Level 12
ROFL.
Yes you caused the problem.
GUI has no compile errors it is 100% syntax correct <=> Converted GUI is 100% syntax correct.
Converting to custom text does not mean you know jass, nor that you can code...
Gave me 22 errors - you have 22 function having the same name as another one.
To be more precise - In the terrain 4 and Terrain 5 you named the function Copy_Copy(_Copy), which names are already used.
Probably the problem occurred because you copied the triggers after you have converted.

Status
Not open for further replies.