• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

[Trigger] Custom Text

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
Is it possible to make a custom text? I mean for example when a ground unit attack an air unit it says : "Cannot target air units". Is it possible to make that kind of text just for 1 player and it will display at the middle of the screen? Floating text would be wrong in my opinion.

Cause I've seen other maps, for example dota, have "custom texts" when some units are using their custom abilities wrong.

You can make this with triggers or do you simple change something in game constants etc?

Level 13
Actually it's in the 'Game Interface.'

Scroll through till you find the 'text,' ones. Then just can mess around and find which ones you want.

Oh and I don't think you can have it display to all players.

Level 8
Are you possible to make a new "Text"?, add another. Cause actually I got a trigger that is goes like this:

Event
A unit cast an ability
Condition
Ability being cast equal to Kabom
Action
If level of Kabom for triggering equal to 3 then kill (triggering unit) elso do nothing
If level of Kabom for triggering equal to 1 then Display_That_Text_At_Middle_Of_The_Screen__You need at least level 2 to use this skill_ else do nothing

This trigger is just an example of my other trigger, (If I posted the original we will go to off-topic :p)

Eh, yeah... Can you add or edit the Game Interface text for this?

If level of Kabom for triggering equal to 1 then Display_That_Text_At_Middle_Of_The_Screen__You need at least level 2 to use this skill_ else do nothing

Status
Not open for further replies.