• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Contest Idea [Classic]

Would you like to see this contest happening?

• Hell no, I don't like boss fights.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
The site keeps telling me to suggest a contest, so here we go;

Team boss fight contest!

The contestants must create one, and only one, team boss fight where 3 players needs to take down a boss. The boss must have two phases, and the contestant needs to make exactly 3 classes for the 3 players. The boss fight arena should be beautifully terrained, and be as immersive as possible.

Points and focal aspects will be;

• Boss fight mechanics. Were the boss fight mechanics incorporated well? Was the boss fight interesting? Did you have to think, and cooperate to beat the boss or could you just auto attack it to death?
  • Synergizing classes. Did the 3 classes synergize well? Were the spells well thought out, and fitting in the boss fight, or did it just seem like 3 classes were randomly made with some weird, random spells?
  • Terrain and boss fight arena. Was the boss fight arena well made, with cool doodads, immersive weather and generally pleasing visuals, or was the arena a bland no-brain terrain with one tile all over?
  • Performance. Are the triggers/code well written with little to no leaks/bugs? Does it run smoothly, or does it lag due to poor triggering/coding?
  • Sounds. Are you using boss sounds when certain events happens, or when the boss casts certain spells? Is the music fitting and captivating?
  • Last but not least; Was it an enjoyable experience? Was the boss fight as a whole interesting and well made?
If you want to see this contest happen just vote in the poll. Poll results are visible.

Level 11
This still alive?
I really love this idea. Being create only 1 boss with 2 phases is fast to do, an alternative option would be a 1 player and 3 bossfights map, who would be enough to do a 1 month contest.
Anyway, there isn't anything more relaxing in WE than creating bosses. There isn't repetitive or frustrating parts, so you (or at least me, the one who creates random bossfight of at minimal 2 phases) enjoy each part of the process.
I will definitly join this contest if it's maked, so just advice me.

This still alive?
I really love this idea. Being create only 1 boss with 2 phases is fast to do, an alternative option would be a 1 player and 3 bossfights map, who would be enough to do a 1 month contest.
Anyway, there isn't anything more relaxing in WE than creating bosses. There isn't repetitive or frustrating parts, so you (or at least me, the one who creates random bossfight of at minimal 2 phases) enjoy each part of the process.
I will definitly join this contest if it's maked, so just advice me.
Feel free to host it :)

Level 11
If that makes the contest true, I would think in that, but sadly I don't have any experience on contest hosting (but I know the duty of hosts) and still didn't have too much experience on contests (I think I was a participant of 5 contest, since I joined Hive)
Anyway, didn't we require more people, and the support of a moderator?, as @Heinvers or @Mythic (anyway, I summon you by black magics, to know what do you think about this idea).

Status
Not open for further replies.