• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Concept Art Mini-Contests ~ How would I be: My Weapon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 49
Well, finaly i made it. Hope this not violents any contest rules.

INSTRUCTIONS OF USE:
This weapon is a ultimate quantum gun, which consist from next parts:
1. Quantum Field Modulators (claws near of barrel). On each of them is one special gadget, that can generate magnetic waves and via this control the area of a quantum field
2. Quantum Beam Generator (huge disk near of claws). This part generates chaotic beam of elementary particles (quants), with the help of barrel and modulators this beam can be focused.
3. Barrel - copper cup on the end of gun used for creating great magnetic field, drag the whole modulated beam and keep it, untill u put a trigger.
4. Rotating part, Quantum Field Generator - This part is used for acceleration and regularize quants, and make a quantum field.
5. Shell - under shell is a whole digital equipment, wormholl generator (for portals), controls and energy converter.
6. Battery - it is a ammo, stronly recommended do not touch. It is an atomic energy generator.
7. Control buttons - this part allows to choose, which way should weapon be used now. Also there is an barometer and voltmeter to prevent critical pressue and voltage

So, there is wips and a final entry with three objects.

How exactly it works?

1. Before put the trigger you should activate an of four modes: Portal Red, Portal Blue, Quantum Weapon, Gravity Field.
2. When u put a trigger, energy from battery comes under shell, and depends of a mode works in different ways.
Portals: just gives energy on a wormholl generator, enables for a second gravity modulator and throws a bundle of anti-matter in a aim. Blue and Red portal depends only by one thing - magnetism was plus or minus.
Quantum Weapon - gives energy up to energy converter, where whole energy becomes a free chaotic moving quants. Each second pressue inside of energy convertor grows. When it comes to a first-stage point, quants comes inside of quantum field generator, which start spin with great speed. At second-stage quantum beam generator activates and u can use right handle for control of modulators (claws on top). There in same place is a button, for activation of magnetic field and make a bundle of quants.
When weapon is used in gravity mode once u put a trigger whole energy comes to a quantum beam generator and magnetic field modulators (barrel and disk). Magnetic field drags any quants around, and beam regulates a power (throws em back). If u want throw picked item back - just release magnetic field (beam generator will throw item): if u want drag something too fast (warning - it can become a very heavy bullet) - just use it without beam generator. Also, if it used with small modulation field (close claw position) - it can cause break of a weapon.

What this weapon can do actually? Few intresting things:
1. Open two type of wormholls (portals), which allow u pass through. They can connect any locations in the universe
2. Can collect and release a bundle of quants of light. Actually this would look like a fireball.
3. Without magnetic effect function 2 will make a beam with size from dot (instant kill), till 1 foot and low damage.
4. This gun can be used as a gravity-gun if you will try use magnetic generator without generate a quantum field.

On the image are three versions.
First (huge on top) is Black Mesa Prototype (prime cost 3000$)
Second is Apple Version (worth for 1600$ more)
and third is Chinese Copy (made from plastic, but still work. worth for 2000$ less)

Attachments

• full wips.jpg
    full wips.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 2,117
  • three tauportalguns.jpg
    three tauportalguns.jpg
    252.9 KB · Views: 1,378
Last edited:

Reminder: I am just a referee
Here are some ideals:
1) - Very - easy wield Dagger OF CONTROL: Dagger with a very comfretable handle that gives total contoll while slashing enemies.
2) - Safe / No Dodge - Throwing Dagger OF PAIN: Dagger with full reach for enemy and no reach for the holder.

Attachments

• skull-bones-knife-w-knuckle-guard-e4a5.jpg
    skull-bones-knife-w-knuckle-guard-e4a5.jpg
    19.9 KB · Views: 980
  • CS12BScold_steel_safe_maker_1_push_dagger.jpg
    CS12BScold_steel_safe_maker_1_push_dagger.jpg
    23.5 KB · Views: 322
Last edited:
Level 49
Most awesome ever!!! :thumbs_up:

Reminder: I am just a referee
Here are some ideals:
1) - Very - easy wield Dagger OF CONTROL: Dagger with a very comfretable handle that gives total contoll while slashing enemies.
2) - Safe / No Dodge - Throwing Dagger OF PAIN: Dagger with full reach for enemy and no reach for the holder.

use
tag please.

Level 5
Finally Done It!

A heavy sword with curvy edged blade that act as hooks for parrying weapon from enemy's attack and disarming them. Decapitating enemies is easier with hooks too. The blood grove is decorated with green enchanted inscriptions/ornaments.

Shadowraith - the Blade of Phantasm

Lore:
Forged by the enigmatic man Phantom, the blade itself is as mysterious as it's creator. Imbued with magic, the blade and rune glow in green that of inferno. When swinged in the dark, the sword dances like a green wraith, thus the name Shadowraith. The dance mesmerized those who dare stand against the wielder, suffering them with phantasm and illusion. Strucking them in the right moment may be killing them, or hooking their weapons away and disarming them. Playing around with them before landing the final blow to end the game. Killing them in the way of Phantom.

LORE: COMING SOON

Last edited:

Deleted member 212788

D

Deleted member 212788

Will Finish mine tomorrow and post it :D

Level 14
Here is my final wip, i will most likely upload my final in this post.

You guys made awesome submissions, i love this contest!!

attachment.php

attachment.php

After a short consideration, i decided to keep the color, because it strengthens the steampunk feeling ^^ Also, this is made for Bakelite discs.

Edit: Here is my final:
attachment.php

Attachments

• sonicGunWip2.png
    sonicGunWip2.png
    94.4 KB · Views: 850
  • sonicGunWip3.png
    sonicGunWip3.png
    256.7 KB · Views: 823
  • sonicGun.png
    sonicGun.png
    244.2 KB · Views: 1,204
Last edited:
Level 28
cool entries guys! btw, kari, I really like the design of this weapon, it's really original, but the color is kinda.. hm.. eh.. xD I don't know. I imagined it bluish-grayish or something like that. Otherwise it's really nice. I'd like to go around and shoot bad guys while playing the trompet and listening to my CD.

wateverks the handle seems kinda short and thin :cgrin: but that sword rune is really cool, that glowing green fits very well with the gray blade (version 1). That dark gray color really completes it, it gives the rune more lightening!

Level 30

attachment.php

An axe different from the other weapons. This axe itself was used by a legendary warrior who fought thousands of demons. He is successful on vanquishing the demons and the warrior stays just a myth but the axe itself was kept in a sacred place where no demon can reach it.

NOTE: The picture was named WiP but no it is my final entry... can't think of something to add so it is my final entry!

Attachments

• My Weapon WiP#5 Axe.jpg
    My Weapon WiP#5 Axe.jpg
    16.7 KB · Views: 1,231

attachment.php

An axe different from the other weapons. This axe itself was used by a legendary warrior who fought thousands of demons. He is successful on vanquishing the demons and the warrior stays just a myth but the axe itself was kept in a sacred place where no demon can reach it.

NOTE: The picture was named WiP but no it is my final entry... can't think of something to add so it is my final entry!
Holy axe of Lightning in shape of a bright butterfly! AWESOME
+ First entry for Axe and not sword/gun +
Edit: This can turn into an imba icon...

Level 23
Well, here in Philippines.... my country it is 4/30/13 and deadline is tommorow 5/1/13. Maybe the deadline is the day after tommorow....

I hope so.. I really thought the deadline was the same with the mini-mapping contest.. poop (censor :p), I really have to do this fast...

222907-albums6239-picture68628.jpg

EDIT:
This is gonna stand as my final entry.. but maybe I'll add some shadows later.. :3

222907-albums6239-picture68629.jpg

Last edited:
Level 22
HdNpFSe.jpg

wip2 wololo

jk its my final no time

flavor text:

House Leo battle mages use their arcane energies to lift and wield massive steel fists. Normally these fists would weight hundreds of pounds, but the use of magic allows battle mages to lift these with little effort.
Adorned with a massive lion and engraved with holy text, the massive fists are known as "The Lion's Paws".

Unrelated to the contest:
more House Leo soldiers for those interested in seeing similar units
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/.../ghost765s-art-220820/index4.html#post2287299
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/.../ghost765s-art-220820/index3.html#post2281892
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/.../ghost765s-art-220820/index3.html#post2282722

Last edited:

Deleted member 212788

D

Deleted member 212788

Damn, I won't be able to finish :/. Got home too late today. Oh well, good luck to everyone

History

An ancient king on his deathbed paid hir proper soul to the God of Underworld in exchange for
his servants forge a legendary weapon. Once killed by that weapon the health of the victim is drained to the killer and a thousand
reincarnations his victim will be born sick.

His value just not greater than to the fear of being killed by it.

Done a bit in a hurry, I had forgotten the contest.

204181-albums4594-picture68648.jpg

History

An ancient king on his deathbed paid hir proper soul to the God of Underworld in exchange for
his servants forge a legendary weapon. Once killed by that weapon the health of the victim is drained to the killer and a thousand
reincarnations his victim will be born sick.

His value just not greater than to the fear of being killed by it.

Done a bit in a hurry, I had forgotten the contest.

204181-albums4594-picture68648.jpg

I can think of a better story:
The king's personal weapon "Dragon's Teeth", taken from a deadly poison-fire dragon that killed half of the army that attempted to kill him off before finally dropping one of his tooth and escape into the sky.
It contains magical power that is unknown to man and only known to dragons - up to this day no spell caster, magic master or a great wizard around the world have managed to unlock the secret behind the powerfull magic aura emitting from this strange sword - but all magic books says it should be shaped as a sword with a dragon hilt like it was built - to unlock its secret potential.

Hmm lets see what i can do for 2 days :p
Here's the first WIP :)
LwSDQf7.png

YAY ITSA CROSSBOW!!! (if it is so bad that you can't really tell what it is :D)
(And yes it is a dragon skull on the head of the bow...) :)

The "Ice Dragon Crossbow" was created with a dragon's magic, with each shot, the Ice Breath of a Ice Dragon is shooting off to make the first arrow freeze the target, so that the second arrow will hit for sure. Since Dragon's magic is beyond human understanding it is hard to tell weather the effect of the item ends up with just arrows that freezes the target, rumors say that it gives immortality.

Item Abilities: Frost Breath (undead frost dragon), 1% chance to bash dealing no damage stunning for 5 seconds. and yes, for casters that has splash attack it will freeze each and any unit that got hit by the splash, so give archers the ability to metamorph into a splash attacker as ultimate, to make sure they can have this freeze breath to hit multiple units.

Good story?

Umm, i got some questions,
First, does every weapon really need a story?
Second, is the quiver near the crossbow allowed (As it may be considered another object)
Third, may i make my own story? :D
Because really, there is nothing linking the crossbow with ice, it's color theme will be Golden/Dark magneta/Brown/Grey
No offense, your story is good, best_player_88, but i prefer making my own things you know...

I'm surprised no one tried to make a bow or a crossbow yet. They are so awzum :p
Call me crossbow addict

By the way, second WiP is here with a quiver done! =)
nMM3RLX.png

EDIT: No time :eek:

Last edited:
Level 2
Shield Weapon

Carrying a shield into combat against a ferocious beast in the wilderness, it was damaged by the beast's biting. Upon defeating the foe, it was repaired & the bite marks along the edges were tidied up & sharpened into blades. 3 spikes were added to the front of the shield to add extra damage & deterrent to enemies.

Front View:
shield-front.png

Side View:
shield-side.png

btw. not sure if I missed the competition. just saw that it was extended to 6th May so maybe I'm still in the running :ogre_haosis:

Level 35
I had decided I would take part, one way or the other. And others have been asking as well. So at last I can show you what I thought of doing and WIPS. :wink: This can be considered my final, unless anything newer is posted and that newer posted is accepted as within the deadline.

Some history about it:

This is the RED BARON anti-personal and anti armor weapon. Developed in the mind of a mad genius suffering from sleep deprivation and too much to do.
It consist of a scope for long distance targeting, a central target laser that will coordinate with the ammunition to pin-point and accurately attack targets. It loads a magazine of 4x4 airplanes in a cylinder and can keep two ready to fire without reloading.

The planes themselves are duplicate of the famous Red Baron's airplane with some modifications, as the triplane was deemed inefficient and the extra space could be used for storing more bombs.

When the weapon is fired, the plane will be pushed off the weapon and take of with its own power. It will then be laser guided by the targeting laser to the drop-point. There it will deploy tiny high explosive bombs that explode on impact able to penetrate even heavy armor given enough bombs. Tabbing the trigger twice fire both planes in rapid order and thus creates a miniaturized carpet bombing at the drop.

Images in order, from WIP to final:
131841-albums1057-picture68805.jpg
131841-albums1057-picture68806.jpg
131841-albums1057-picture68807.jpg
131841-albums1057-picture68808.jpg
131841-albums1057-picture68809.jpg

Final version:
131841-albums1364-picture68897.jpg

I could likely do a better job, but given the hour I had, I am perfectly satisfied. Family and master thesis doesn't leave much room.

For an added bonus I needed a break from writing, so a little fast painting:
131841-albums1364-picture68829.png

Shows the fired "projectile plane" over an idyllic landscape of sorts :smile:

Last edited:
Level 49
I had decided I would take part, one way or the other. And others have been asking as well. So at last I can show you what I thought of and WIPS. :wink:

Images in order, from WIP to final:
131841-albums1057-picture68805.jpg
131841-albums1057-picture68806.jpg
131841-albums1057-picture68807.jpg
131841-albums1057-picture68808.jpg
131841-albums1057-picture68809.jpg

I could likely do a better job, given the hour I had I am perfectly satisfied. Family.

with your skills the only way do something better than piece of MADSKILLZ is do collage of already fine painted elements.

Level 35
Hmm.. this is really cool o_O if only you could paint it a bit and add some cool details .. it would be perfect.. I can't read what's written there. Damn. Does it say moose?

Nah sorry :) And I have no clue why I wrote family after in my post - I was tired as hell - since I did this just before going to bed and only because you asked haha :grin:

If I get free-time, maybe (likely not) - but deadline is up so this is final and any addition should only be accepted as part of it if Pharaoh_ agree. (For instance it should be clear that some of my original sketch ideas was skipped due to haste). However the idea of a machine gun loaded with red baron airplanes should be evident. The below part on the sketch is an imagination of a magazine for that type of weapon. I imagine that the planes themselves are rather small and carry bombs, following a laster target pointer on the gun to the destination. (Actually - I'll add that to my post)

with your skills the only way do something better than piece of MADSKILLZ is do collage of already fine painted elements.

yea, that should work :wink:

Level 28
Blood Raven it's pretty cool, just finish it :D maybe you could add some more high Lights on the lights, for example, that bronze part of the river, you should add another light onto the light you have now which will be very very close to white, like 255 255 230 (RGB)... I'm not sure what this color would look like but it's something very white xD and a bit yellowish. You can do that with the teeth too if they are polished* (I'm not sure you can polish teeth), otherwise make them have like a ... like a rust effect, to show the skin/texture/whatever it's called of each specific tooth. You should also lighten that little ring, since it's metal and.. well, metal shines a lot more than other material.

Hmm.. btw I really love that quiver idea, especially the "ring" part which is held with these strings. The bow's idea is really cool too, those runes on the handle complete it. Well, it's perspective is a bit wrong, at least it seems like that, I'm not so good with perspective, but that doesn't matter much since the contest is about the Weapon Design, not the Weapon Art/Image. And your design is quite cool
209078-albums5742-picture60370.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.