• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Concept Art contest - theme discussion

Pick your choices! - Which do you like?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Roland

R

Roland

Which theme do you like guys? Well, this is for Halloween.

1. Mutated humans
  2. Possessed people
  3. Demons
  4. All Souls day
  5. Fallen saints (For all saints Day & The day of the dead)
These choices are all scary because they'll fit the theme for Halloween and after the voting, I'll change everything.
Sorry if I instantly made the contest thread, I was too excited! :D

If you agree in these five choices, I will painstakingly edit the whole thread again.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ardenian

A

Ardenian

Maybe add a definition to the different themes, I myself might imagine something else under 'fallen saints' as you do and what the heck is 'All Souls day' ?

Level 22
Maybe add a definition to the different themes, I myself might imagine something else under 'fallen saints' as you do and what the heck is 'All Souls day' ?

You don't have 'All Souls Day'? It is the holiday celebrated on Nov 1 or Nov 2, can't remember the date. I can't tell whether 'All Saints Day' is on Nov 1 and 'All Souls Day' on Nov 2 or the other way around.
In this day, instead of trick-or-treating, people go on cemeteries and lit candles and pray and talk with one another.

Ardenian

A

Ardenian

Ah, googled it, we have that too ( but it is called a bit different), but we hardly celebrate it.

I don't understand the theme selection, as Demons and Mutated Humans are explicit themes whereas All Souls Day and Fallen Saints are like days, events.

Roland

R

Roland

I based the concept of the all souls day from the film named ''the book of life'' & fallen saints are like satanic worshipers well, that's how I imagine those choices :p

Ardenian

A

Ardenian

I based the concept of the all souls day from the film named ''the book of life'' & fallen saints are like satanic worshipers well, that's how I imagine those choices :p

Then please write it down, too, I cannot foresee how you actually imagine a choice.

Roland

R

Roland

Here's an image of an Satanic Saint as the concept..
satanic_saint___collab_with_sihria89_by_kiki71-d5563fj.jpg

Here's the concept I was thinking, based on the book of life film.
The_Book_of_Life_Conept_Art_Illustration_Cemetery_at_Night.jpg

Ardenian

A

Ardenian

Hm, I guess I got an idea.

The concept art has not to be coloured, has it ?

Roland

R

Roland

If this post gets the lowest post or no updates, I'm sure I'm gonna kick out the tumbleweed and close this.

Ardenian

A

Ardenian

Wow, seriously... I will contact one or another user I know of whom is doing concept art...

Ardenian

A

Ardenian

It amuses me that my concept of my concept I have in my mind for this contest fits more or less every theme

Roland

R

Roland

Alright I change my mind, By the end of the voting of October 6th, I'm restoring back the contest layout.. and I need some mods to huddle me up to invite the contestants, thanks for voting guys <3 I love you all (No homo included)

Level 19
I am in as well! I'm not sure what to vote on, but fallen saints may turn this contest into a wizard-like concept which will be similar to the current modelling contest which will not be that original.

I dont know much about all souls day but when I googled "all souls day concept art" it showed up Dark Souls pictures :p

I feel closer to the first 4 choices and more closer to the souls bcz it would be somewhat more artistic. But we got demons there which are always cool :D

I would like to see what people say about these before voting... I want to learn more about the last two choices as well.

And I am okay for explicit content .

Roland

R

Roland

For my speculation, Demons are too mainstream for me :p
What I really might pick is Mutated humans, but eh, I'll wait for the final voting.

Roland

R

Roland

Here's some concepts or Ideas how these things of Mutated humans.. (Not !@#$%^ X-Men, Fantastic Four)
the_thing_1982_by_xgulyabanix-d5iooyp.jpg
20130904000143-theThing2.jpg
64602_3207671043474_1617140479_2877784_560304661_n.jpg

And yes, My mind is twisted.

Level 19
Here's some concepts or Ideas how these things of Mutated humans.. (Not !@#$%^ X-Men, Fantastic Four)
the_thing_1982_by_xgulyabanix-d5iooyp.jpg
20130904000143-theThing2.jpg
64602_3207671043474_1617140479_2877784_560304661_n.jpg

And yes, My mind is twisted.

No I was thinking like this too, more of bones broken and dislocated and pointing out at different angles. I like this idea but I dont wanna see much tentacles like the one at the bottom(the fat basterd's face :p)

Roland

R

Roland

Well, we'll just wait if tons of users might vote on that kind of rule and I might as well ask the staff members if they approve it.

Roland

R

Roland

Good to hear guys that you're supporting my contest, After the voting let the bloody games begin! :D Vote more ^^

Level 15
Mutated human sounds fun. I'm in.
:( cant vote anymore.
I might be join if I can finish all of my stupid homeworks

Attachments

• zas.jpg
    zas.jpg
    126.9 KB · Views: 139
Last edited:

Roland

R

Roland

You can still vote, Just pick any of my choices and just type it here instead :D

Roland

R

Roland

Poll is extended till october 15, hurry ;d and vote and start brainstorming!

Roland

R

Roland

The max votes for all these choices I made is up to 10-15 votes only.. I'll wait. soon, if there's no changes, I'm sure that i'm shoving back the tumbleweed here.

Roland

R

Roland

Nah I'm feeling hopeless about this contest. I'll think about this for the four days of no damn school.

Deleted member 238226

D

Deleted member 238226

just asking, is lycanthrope is a mutated human too?

Roland

R

Roland

Voting resumed, votes Will be reached until 10

Last edited by a moderator:

Roland

R

Roland

"Great" News!

I'm officially closing the poll and starting the contest :D

Status
Not open for further replies.