1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. The poll for Hive's 12th Concept Art Contest is up! Go cast your vote for your favourite genie!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Travel to distant realms and encounter scenes unknown to the common folk. The Greatest of Adventures is upon us with the 8th Cinematic Contest. Join in on a fun ride.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The 18th Icon Contest is ON! Choose any ingame unit and give him/her Hero abilities. Good luck to all.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Contestants are to create a scene set in the Stone Age. Come and see what you can come up with. We wish you the best of luck!
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Colour outside the lines! Techtree Contest #13 is a go. The contest is optionally paired.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Greetings cerebrates, our Swarm needs new spawners that will have numerous children. Join the HIVE's 31st Modeling Contest - Spawners and Spawned! The contest is optionally paired.
    Dismiss Notice
  9. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Concept Art contest - theme discussion

Discussion in 'Submissions Archive' started by Roland, Sep 27, 2015.

?

Pick your choices! - Which do you like?

Poll closed Oct 15, 2015.
  1. Mutated Humans

31.0%
  2. Posessed People

17.2%
  3. Demons

24.1%
  4. Souls

3.4%
  5. Fallen Saints

13.8%
  6. Will you accept the rule Open sexual & Internal organs? For the contest? (Yes or No)

10.3%
  1. Roland

Roland

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    Which theme do you like guys? Well, this is for Halloween.

1. Mutated humans
    2. Possessed people
    3. Demons
    4. All Souls day
    5. Fallen saints (For all saints Day & The day of the dead)
    These choices are all scary because they'll fit the theme for Halloween and after the voting, I'll change everything.
    Sorry if I instantly made the contest thread, I was too excited! :D

If you agree in these five choices, I will painstakingly edit the whole thread again.

Last edited: Sep 27, 2015
  2. Maybe add a definition to the different themes, I myself might imagine something else under 'fallen saints' as you do and what the heck is 'All Souls day' ?

3. Flux

Flux

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    You don't have 'All Souls Day'? It is the holiday celebrated on Nov 1 or Nov 2, can't remember the date. I can't tell whether 'All Saints Day' is on Nov 1 and 'All Souls Day' on Nov 2 or the other way around.
    In this day, instead of trick-or-treating, people go on cemeteries and lit candles and pray and talk with one another.

4. Ah, googled it, we have that too ( but it is called a bit different), but we hardly celebrate it.

I don't understand the theme selection, as Demons and Mutated Humans are explicit themes whereas All Souls Day and Fallen Saints are like days, events.

5. Roland

Roland

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    I based the concept of the all souls day from the film named ''the book of life'' & fallen saints are like satanic worshipers well, that's how I imagine those choices :p

6. Then please write it down, too, I cannot foresee how you actually imagine a choice.

7. Roland

Roland

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    Here's an image of an Satanic Saint as the concept..
    Blarg
    [​IMG]

Here's the concept I was thinking, based on the book of life film.
    Why
    [​IMG]

8. Hm, I guess I got an idea.

The concept art has not to be coloured, has it ?

9. Roland

Roland

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    I allow the contestants to draw grayscaled or coloured.

10. Roland

Roland

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    If this post gets the lowest post or no updates, I'm sure I'm gonna kick out the tumbleweed and close this.

11. Wow, seriously... I will contact one or another user I know of whom is doing concept art...

12. Heinvers

Heinvers

Arena Moderator

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Template:
    Resources:
    People(artsy types that make concept/fan art and are somehow active) you should message/contact in order to get more attention for this:

- PeeKay
    - Hemske
    - LiOneSS
    - morbent
    - Idaero Ace
    - smoopa
    - Ghost765
    - GhostThruster
    - grunt
    - BLazeKraze
    - UgoUgo
    - Mad
    - Grendel
    - NightStalker06698
    - stein123

13. It amuses me that my concept of my concept I have in my mind for this contest fits more or less every theme

14. stein123

stein123

Resources:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    XD, I thought this was canceled, if not, i'm on!

15. Roland

Roland

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    Alright I change my mind, By the end of the voting of October 6th, I'm restoring back the contest layout.. and I need some mods to huddle me up to invite the contestants, thanks for voting guys <3 I love you all (No homo included)

16. NightStalker

NightStalker

Resources:
    Icons:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    I am in as well! I'm not sure what to vote on, but fallen saints may turn this contest into a wizard-like concept which will be similar to the current modelling contest which will not be that original.

I dont know much about all souls day but when I googled "all souls day concept art" it showed up Dark Souls pictures :p

I feel closer to the first 4 choices and more closer to the souls bcz it would be somewhat more artistic. But we got demons there which are always cool :D

I would like to see what people say about these before voting... I want to learn more about the last two choices as well.

And I am okay for explicit content .

17. Roland

Roland

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    For my speculation, Demons are too mainstream for me :p
    What I really might pick is Mutated humans, but eh, I'll wait for the final voting.

18. NightStalker

NightStalker

Resources:
    Icons:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    I too, think that demons are mainstream but they are always cool and badass, mutated humans might have a wide variety depending on people's imagination, how it is mutated, what it mutated with etc..

19. Roland

Roland

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    Here's some concepts or Ideas how these things of Mutated humans.. (Not !@#$%^ X-Men, Fantastic Four)
    Mutated Humans
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

And yes, My mind is twisted.

20. NightStalker

NightStalker

Resources:
    Icons:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    No I was thinking like this too, more of bones broken and dislocated and pointing out at different angles. I like this idea but I dont wanna see much tentacles like the one at the bottom(the fat basterd's face :p)