• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Concept Art Contest #7 - Twisted Fate

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 10
weeds.gif

Deleted member 238226

D

Deleted member 238226

calm down, people have something else to do too you know.

Here is my entry lol xD
attachment.php

Just kidding :D I photoshopped that myself though :p

I am writing here, because I will most likely not have the time or nerve to judge this contest, since a shitton of exams are coming my way and I'll more or less be in a pile of exam shit for the next months. I am really sorry guys (although I bet most of you didn't even know I was going to judge or don't really give a fuck). I will continue to watch your enties though, keep em coming!
You can take me off the judges list... you've got enough judges anyway.

Attachments

• The fuck-you creature.png
    The fuck-you creature.png
    306 KB · Views: 257

Roland

R

Roland

Here is my entry lol xD

attachment.php

I am writing here, because I will most likely not have the time or nerve to judge this contest, since a shitton of exams are coming my way and I'll more or less be in a pile of exam shit for the next months. I am really sorry guys (although I bet most of you didn't even know I was going to judge or don't really give a fuck). I will continue to watch your enties though, keep em coming!

Your "Entry" Isn't acceptable, So If I were you, I would delete that photo, Keep this contest clean from "Badsy" Finger pictures. Didn't you read the rules? there's a rule saying that No photo-manipulation is allowed here? Sigh -,-"

& Why would I remove you from the judges? You're a great art-observer I've seen your judging(s) in the other Icon/Texturing contest and it's great man.

I continue my draw ?

OF COURSE! Go on doodling some ideas.

Last edited by a moderator:

Roland

R

Roland

I'm ashamed that this contest has been a tumbleweed for days, Well, I'm gonna make this contest more extravagant. I'm Emailing 3 Famous artists in youtube (CubeBrush, JazzaArts & Sam Green) Jazza & Sam are professional cartoonist/artists from NewGrounds and also in Youtube. While cubebrush is notable for his realistic digital art.. I might tell those guys to feature the (1st and 2nd Place) On their youtube channel + I might bring some fellow artists from OneCanvas.net :D

Level 23
Errhm... Is an abomination style being still acceptable entry? I know it isn't a mutation but... but... maaan it's so hard to make some kind of sensible story about some fungal infection causing multiple bodies to merge into one living being... ARGH.

Anyway, I'm going to submit my first wip tomorrow. It's a kind of centaur-ish creature and far from the human centipede concept I began with... but it's something. I also think it's about time this thread gets some new wips.

Roland

R

Roland

I'm looking forward to see it, Juno. Take your time brainstorming it.

Level 19
I'm ashamed that this contest has been a tumbleweed for days, Well, I'm gonna make this contest more extravagant. I'm Emailing 3 Famous artists in youtube (CubeBrush, JazzaArts & Sam Green) Jazza & Sam are professional cartoonist/artists from NewGrounds and also in Youtube. While cubebrush is notable for his realistic digital art.. I might tell those guys to feature the (1st and 2nd Place) On their youtube channel + I might bring some fellow artists from OneCanvas.net :D

This would surely boost the contest. Nice idea!

And I got a new idea which can be quite spooky, a mutated spec ops soldier is still considered as mutated human? Bcz his face might be covered with hazmat gear.

Roland

R

Roland

This would surely boost the contest. Nice idea!

And I got a new idea which can be quite spooky, a mutated spec ops soldier is still considered as mutated human? Bcz his face might be covered with hazmat gear.

Have you seen -Grievous paranoia project? there's some idea you can grab there.

Level 21
Here is my entry lol xD
attachment.php

Hah!I like it xD

Level 23
I'm looking forward to see it, Juno. Take your time brainstorming it.

Brainstorming... right... I've been doing that...

Well, that's this part I guess, brainstorming..:
Scan10017.jpg

The extra drawings are the bright ideas born out of my roommate's superb brain and my expert drawing. So please ignore it. I didn't have the time to edit them out.

Here's my first wip:
Scan10016.jpg

I'm still not sure what to do with the head, but I think i'll use the one in the brainstorming page or make a whole new one. I'm pretty sure it'll still involve eyes though.

The lore is basically an "experiment gone wrong" kind of thing. This one is a mutation on twins that are test tube babies... Not sure if test tube babies could turn out twins but whatever. Details later.

Nice. Make more.

Fun fact: Currently you have more judges than entries.

Yeah, IF that's still the case at the end of the contest though, I guess we could turn the pretend contestants into real ones. :p

Roland

R

Roland

Brainstorming... right... I've been doing that...

Well, that's this part I guess, brainstorming..:
View attachment 150722

The extra drawings are the bright ideas born out of my roommate's superb brain and my expert drawing. So please ignore it. I didn't have the time to edit them out.

Here's my first wip:
View attachment 150721

I'm still not sure what to do with the head, but I think i'll use the one in the brainstorming page or make a whole new one. I'm pretty sure it'll still involve eyes though.

The lore is basically an "experiment gone wrong" kind of thing. This one is a mutation on twins that are test tube babies... Not sure if test tube babies could turn out twins but whatever. Details later.

Yeah, IF that's still the case at the end of the contest though, I guess we could turn the pretend contestants into real ones. :p

Such a sick mind you got there, Juno, Keep up the great work. :ogre_love: :ogre_haosis:

Roland

R

Roland

Again with this Lifeless shit.

weeds.gif

Make this contest alive as concert! D:<

Roland

R

Roland

The problem is that the mods don't allow me to close the participant's list.

fladdermasken

Off-Topic Moderator
Level 39
Too much participants instead of the judges.
That is basically never a problem, unless we reach a ridiculous amount of participants. We've had contests with approx 30 participants and two judges to sort them all out before. If you reach those numbers, let me know. If you don't, we don't do closed contests in the Arena. If you want closed contests, do mass challenges.

Roland

R

Roland

So you want me, As in me, to allow users to come in as participants and not judges and those judges will have hard time at judging @ those massive amount of participants?

Roland

R

Roland

I make small problems to big problems, That's how i'm stupid to think. Anyway, Let's get over this shit.

fladdermasken

Off-Topic Moderator
Level 39
So you want me, As in me, to allow users to come in as participants and not judges and those judges will have hard time at judging @ those massive amount of participants?
In the words of Barack Ilyich Lenin, "yes you shall!". I don't know where this is coming from? The participants won't be divided between them either way, they all have to judge all entries. You're not actually making the job easier for the judges individually at all, you just burden more people with the job. For no better result. Get two or three qualified judges and let them get the job done as usual, everyone else can do their own judging in the poll. That's just the way it is, and it's the way it is supposed to be done.

Roland

R

Roland

Alright it seems I've understand all of your advises, Thanks anyway, can we get this shit over?

Roland

R

Roland

UPDATE: Officially sponsored by JazzaArts

1st Place will have 50 Reputation Points, An Award Icon, Autodesk Sketchbook Pro and will be featured on Newgrounds & @ JazzaArt's youtube page.

Roland

R

Roland

IF I could prize a damn drawing tablet, then I have to sell my old one :( JK.. I don't know if I could award a drawing tablet + Free shipping if it's a foreigner or a local contestant >,> BUT THERE'S NO WAY I'M AWARDING A GRAPHIC TABLET.

Roland

R

Roland

As you guys don't know that Jazza has been an artist for decades. He already went to several official art conference even in Adobe HQ.

Roland

R

Roland

He's not gonna give you guys a sketchbook pro app, I'm the who'll provide. I told him if it's okay to feature the winners entry to his channel + his newgrounds page.

Roland

R

Roland

Woah, No one mispelled my roland name :D Watasuprize too :D Yeah, i'll look forward about the WiPs soon. good luck yall! an application +
tablet
Is at stake!

Status
Not open for further replies.