• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Concept-Art Contest #4 - EVOLUTION

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 16
Any way I can convince you to make it look a bit more professional by at least going over it with a black pen at the last minute? I get what you mean about the scaling, but for the single pics you made them all the same size anyways

Crap. You convinced me to outline my pictures :D

I have already outlined them with black pen (On the original picture).

Oh yeah, yesterday me and RED BARON mess up a little with users with "wolf" in their name. You're unlucky, as i got you and calls you "WhereFolfThereFolf". CloudWolf though, was lucky enough that i don't remember him :D

Sorry for that, too.

If i was you i would maybe add some shading, and then id probably outline with a pen or something ;)

Which part of the 3rd and 2nd stage that you think need to be given more shading (1st stage, obviously, doesn't need a shading)?

Aaaaand, thanks to the two of you, i am going to de-finalize my submission :D

Another WIP with all 3 stages of le crab

Attachments

• All c.jpg
    All c.jpg
    310.9 KB · Views: 143
Last edited:
na, i mean can u upload/enter the crab thing (with 3 stages) and then make a kiteh (also with 3 stages) and enter it? The rules (page 1) do say it cant be done...

Idk, though having two submissions would give you an unfair advantage when it comes to getting rep, two separate creatures don't really give the creatures themselves a better chance for winning. lol, make a second hive profile and just enter the second in via that (just kidding)

multireply

Yeah, only one entry per contestant. That rule is usually in all of the other contest rules so I must've overlooked it.
I love loop holes in the system, muhahahaha^^

These are really nice drawings man, but i don't really see how a crab can evolve into a boat, it just doesn't look right
He moves in when he's small and then grows... I think (yeah, that makes scence)

the shading on the second one is a bit off on the crab's left arm
yeah... WIP (work in progress) so its not finshed....

Level 35
Another WIP with all 3 stages of le crab

I still believe the third stage crab to be less "the man" crab... Needs some more "fat" and power to it in some way... Just the way it feels currently.

nice idea... xD, i am so lazy to draw another new one...

so i planning to redraw 2nd stage only :mwahaha:

Okay you lazy bum :wink: I liked second stage though.

Level 45
Since im a judge I cant enter, but ill draw for it for fun.

Here is a sketch of the rookie stage (using the digimon universe).
His/her name is Kimon
http://i496.photobucket.com/albums/rr328/The_Red_Hyena/My%20Art/Kimon.jpg

EDIT:
sketch of the Champion form: (i got the colours abit too diff from rookie)
http://i496.photobucket.com/albums/rr328/The_Red_Hyena/My Art/kidramon.jpg

EDIT:
a ultra quick sketch of the mega form:
http://i496.photobucket.com/albums/rr328/The_Red_Hyena/My Art/kidraromon.jpg

Last edited:
Level 35
Since I'm a judge I cant enter, but ill draw for it for fun.

Thought you said you weren't a judge
This comment comes from talking to Pyritie. I am not a judge of this contest and do not claim to own this contest, but I am here to find people who steal other peoples concepts, designs or art.

But thats only good, then we know for sure that everything will be judged fair and square.

Btw: Seems like the pattern you made on your trace example inspired you to the pattern on this.. Or is it just a coincidence :wink: They appear nice, especially the part of it being closely similar to each other with some main growth changes - like the hair and tail length. Even the quick one shows it well, although it appear somewhat smaller then the second version (I assume due to the quick sketch it is.) :thumbs_up:

Level 11
Since im a judge I cant enter, but ill draw for it for fun.

Here is a sketch of the rookie stage (using the digimon universe).
His/her name is Kimon
http://i496.photobucket.com/albums/rr328/The_Red_Hyena/My%20Art/Kimon.jpg

EDIT:
sketch of the Champion form: (i got the colours abit too diff from rookie)
http://i496.photobucket.com/albums/rr328/The_Red_Hyena/My Art/kidramon.jpg

EDIT:
a ultra quick sketch of the mega form:
http://i496.photobucket.com/albums/rr328/The_Red_Hyena/My Art/kidraromon.jpg

wow, ur draft cool then my completed draw...:cry:

Edit:
New upload 3rd stage with color

Attachments

• Commander-color2-8-2.jpg
    Commander-color2-8-2.jpg
    105.8 KB · Views: 102
Last edited:
Level 4
I already done two creatures with 3 evolutions but Just_Spectating gave me a idea.İf we can really join with a creature that can evolve into two different creatures i would draw another creature.Can we do that?

Only because he's green and has a headband

7a70cffaf3382b08

71343d1260892056t-concept-art-contest-4-evo1wip.png

Nah the resemblance is kinda uncanny, the whole slightly fat green guy with some muscles and a headband does make it look a lot like a Ninja Turtle - I can definitely see this guy evolving into one, though that would be art theft.

(The pic is small in my post, view the thumbnail on the original post to see it a bit bigger)

ARRRRRRRrrrrrggg I just need an Idea! D:

-Robot Dragon
-Water elemental monster
-Darkness itself
-Pure Magic
-Puppies
-Evil Puppies
-Turtles
-Rock Monster
-"Rock" Monster (Music)
-Metal Machine
-"Metal" Machine (Music)