• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Concept Art Contest #3 - POLL

Which entry deserves your vote?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 30
The Hive Workshop

140841-albums879-picture9977.png

Theme: Demonic
Each contestant created a hand made demonic subject.
Their aim was to bring us something really original and creative. Unoriginal work, such as a random red guy with horns & claws, will influence the judging in a negative way. "Demonic" is something supernatural that is generally described as a malevolent spirit. This includes creatures and objects as well.

Now it's your turn!
Please rate for the best submission.

• Each user can only vote once in the poll.
  • You can not vote for yourself. If a voter has the same IP as the author then the vote will not be counted and it may result in the disqualification of the entry.
  • You can not create multiple accounts to vote for an entry in the poll. If a voter has been found to be using multiple accounts none of the voters votes will count in the final result.

The poll will be closed as soon as the judging is done and a sufficient amount of users voted.

Level 11
My problem with Kimberly's is it's not really a full concept. The rest give you the whole demon, and are workable for any further use, while there's only an ambiguous head-shot in that one.

I voted for Nudl, very sexy and original-like, plus I'm a sucker for black and white with lots o details.

I know... Next time I do a contest, my submission is gonna have titties. And they will be very nicely lit up, and distracting like those. I mean, I'm a guy, so my eyes are already naturaly drawn to boobies, and then with them being the center of the piece, not to mention well lit up, they stand out, and draw your eyes away from all the flaws of the piece, for example the legs are very strange. And the demon is nearly invisible, and not even the center of the piece. As concept art for the demon, this is totaly useless, but as concept art for a robot with titties, it's fantastic.

Level 45
My problem with Kimberly's is it's not really a full concept. The rest give you the whole demon, and are workable for any further use, while there's only an ambiguous head-shot in that one.

I voted for Nudl, very sexy and original-like, plus I'm a sucker for black and white with lots o details.

Yeah, i missed the part of "concept" and was thinking more of a open painting sorta thing. X__X

Level 18
My vote went to ArcticInferno. Especially the 'shadowy' look of it's smoke made the decision for me that it was most demonic.

Other nice submission in my opinion were Dionesiist's (however it was demonic in a bit different way then I expected from these submissions), graystuff111's (I like the idea of the molten mouth) and MasterStryke (Very nice picture. However, the subject shown on it wasn't really the demonic part, which it was supposed to be)

Right now MasterStryke is in the lead. As I said: He got a good image, but it just doesn't nearly match the theme like most other submissions, which is (I think) is a real shame.

Level 18
@Pyramidhe@d: I'm not even participating in the contest, I'm here because I want the winner to be chosen by his/her quality and originality of the picture, following the theme correctly. There's no reason I'd be jealous if I'm not even a contestant!

@bounty hunter2: There are little kids around here who won't give a crap about whether the boobs are on a real female or a robot one. They're going to go crazy about it either way, so it definitely does matter.

@Pyramidhe@d: I'm not even participating in the contest, I'm here because I want the winner to be chosen by his/her quality and originality of the picture, following the theme correctly. There's no reason I'd be jealous if I'm not even a contestant!
i was speaking in general for everyone.

@bounty hunter2: There are little kids around here who won't give a crap about whether the boobs are on a real female or a robot one. They're going to go crazy about it either way, so it definitely does matter.

to any little kids reading this:
I AM WILLING TO DRAW BOOBS FOR MONEY
lol. jk.

Level 18
Avator said:

I didn't think on that. But if they do have internet don't they have better places to go watch boobs... Anyhow if the boobs prevailed then lol! Main reason I voted was that it looked great, he's new and has potential (the artist), the woman reminded me on a chick from a great game, Homeworld II, it was kinda original, a robotic demon dead thing.

Level 18
I agree that the image is well made, but it's definitely not concept art and, like I said a few times before, it doesn't match the theme that much.
Those kids indeed can find boobs elsewhere, but that doesn't prevent them from voting for boobs here because they're posted here. They don't see much of that in Warcraft, so if it's presented to them on a silver plate on this forum, they'll take that opportunity for sure.

can we like, you know, drop the subject already? i am sure masterstryke is feeling shitty because of all this arguing and i am sure he will be feeling shitty even if he won.
this argument is leaving bad taste on everyone and doing nobody good.

the theme was demonic and we were allowed to draw anything. Masterstryke drew boob. oopdee-doo. he drew what he thought was a concept art. whether or not people chose it for the boobs or for the actual art, we cant tell and we cant stop people because this is a poll after all.
lets just leave it at that.

btw. the colour is really nice and also the overall look but imo its not really demonic enough

I mean... art is an art, some people just fell different about something.

Same goes for the theme "demonic" the first thing as you think, hmm..demonic? uuuu, red guy with horns...but some other guy paints up a robot that is giving out its cursed soul...and everyone starts complaining about boobs... I mean...Its an art and different people takes same "concept" different.

And i think this contest is about make different stuff, how would you feel everyone would draw some guy with flaming skull and big spear?

Now someone draws something else and everyone is picking on him...

Level 9
I mean... art is an art, some people just fell different about something.

Same goes for the theme "demonic" the first thing as you think,
hmm..demonic? uuuu, red guy with horns...but some other guy paints up a robot that is giving out its cursed soul...and everyone starts complaining about boobs...
I mean...Its an art and different people takes same "concept" different.

And i think this contest is about make different stuff, how would you feel everyone would draw some guy with flaming skull and big spear?

Now someone draws something else and everyone is picking on him...

I could draw a sheep with red smoke coming out of it's mouth and call it a demonic sheep. You don't see that everyday either, but it doesn't really match the contest theme.

it match the contest theme and if well done i would vote for it

I agree that the image is well made, but it's definitely not concept art

I think 100% of the entries are no concept-art then.
(2nd place Kymberly too)
You can see my whole cybernetic girl with the demonic parasite so it's a concept.

can we like, you know, drop the subject already? i am sure masterstryke is feeling shitty because of all this arguing and i am sure he will be feeling shitty even if he won.
this argument is leaving bad taste on everyone and doing nobody good.

y

Next contest I'm so gonna do something with boobs.

-> In the next contest a new rule will be added:

You have to paint boobs in your pic

everybody is equal boob-buffed then ok?

and now stop crying everybody how Pyritie said already.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.