• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Comprehensive Cavalry Trample System

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
I tried making a cavalry trample system based on the stuff I read about it on the helper forums but I ran into too many errors. If anyone can help me out with it I will be thankful (and give rep and credits on my map!)

Cavalry trample system has the following aspects:

1) Acceleration/Retardation: When cavalry units are not moving they should suffer a penalty to their movement speed but after 1 or 2 seconds of movement this penalty is removed. Once the cavalry unit collides with an infantry unit this penalty is applied for 1 or 2 seconds. Cavalry units cannot trample of be counterattacked while having this penalty.

2) Cavalry Trample: When cavalry collides with infantry units infantry units are stunned for 1 or 2 seconds and play their death animation. Furthermore, damage is dealt to the units.

3) Infantry Counterattack: Various units will also damage cavalry units upon collision. Melee units will damage cavalry a little while spearmen damage cavalry greatly.

Level 12
Well I got the death animation thing working but the damage thing is bugged as it constantly fluctuates. At one point it deals a stable amount of damage and at another it just kills the units outright. The stun thing didn't work with a dummy unit for me (I have no idea why it just nothing happened) and the pause and unpause thing is bugged as sometimes units are left paused forever.

Status
Not open for further replies.