• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Upgrade Descriptions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 37
Hey there.

I'm searching for a person with amazing English and excellent imagination. If you are the person I'm looking for, please help us. I and Kitabatake have been making last months for a project called "Uncharted Empires". Now that the project is soon in an alpha stage, but we still need some good, I mean really good upgrade descriptions.

So, your job is just to make the following descriptions simple but also describing. The text should tell a little why it increases things. You can also change the description of the upgrade if you have better idea.

Also, remember to use that "...of the following X, X and X." in the end. The description will continue after that by adding names of the units that will use this upgrade. Do not make the descriptions too confusing or players won't understand what it actually increases.

If you can help us, we will be giving you some REP and credits in the project. Thank you for your time. Remember to give an example first so we can decide if it's good enough and if you should continue your work. I don't want to waste your time for nothing. We are very strict.

Dedication - Increses the armor by 1 and the maximum hit points by 3% of the following troops.

Fanaticism - Increases the attack damage slightly and the attack speed by 3% of the following troops.

Rushing - Increases the attack and the movement speed by 3% of the following troops.

Ferocious Fighting - Increases the attack damage slightly and the maximum hit points by 3% of the following troops.

Extended Range - Increases the attack damage slightly and the attack range by 3% of the following troops.

Swiftness - Increases the attack and movement speed by 3% of the following units.

Troop Endurance - Increases the armor by 1 and the maximum hit points by 3% of the following troops.

Tracking - Increases the line of sight by 5% of the following troops.

Improved Blade Weapons - Increases the attack damage of the following troops and cavalry.

Improved Blunt Weapons - Increases the attack damage of the following workers, troops, cavalry and siege.

Improved Piercing Weapons - Increases the attack damage of the following troops, cavalry, siege, ships, flyers and towers.

Improved Ballistics - Increase the attack range by 3% of the following troops, cavalry, siege, ships, flyers and towers.

Improved Leather Armor - Increases the armor by 1 of the following workers, troops, cavalry, siege and flyers.

Improved Chainmail Armor - Increases the armor by 1 of the following troops and cavalry.

Improved Platemail Armor - Increases the armor by 1 of the following troops and cavalry.

Taxation - Increases the gold income by X%.

Improved Agriculture - Increases the food income by X%.

Effective Forestry - Increases the lumber income by X%.

Stone Mining - Increases the stone income by X%.

Fire Arrows - Enables the use of fire attacks of the following troops, siege, ships, flyers and towers.

Gunpowder - Increases the attack damage of the following troops, siege, ships, flyers and towers.

Improved Masonry - Increases the armor by 1 and the maximum hit points by 3% of the following buildings and towers.

Longer Coverage - Increases the line of sight by 5% of the following towers.

Effective Towers - Increases the attack damage slightly and the range by 3% of the following towers.

Fortified Walls - Increases the maximum hit points by 5% of the following buildings.

Level 11
Ill just try some.

Dedication: A true soldier is always ready to defend and serve his nation. With the idea of serving his empire in his mind, he defends better and gets tougher.

Rushing: Trough ages rushing towards your enemy has been a great strategy. Teaching your units this strategy causes them to move faster

Improved Blade Weapons: The sword, the weapon of choice of many knights can be one of the most deadly weapons when its extremely sharp.

Improved Leather Armour: Only by using the best hides from strong animals leather armour can be a great defence, whiel still keeping soldiers mobile.

Fire Arrows: By drenching arrows in burnable oil and lighting them before use, they are powerful weapons as they ignite wooden structures.

Taxation: Taxation is the most effective way for a ruler to gain money, by withdrawing a bit from every inhabitants income

Improved Masonry: By using the rights kinds of stone and skilled builders, buildings are tougher and have a longer lifetime.

Longer Coverage: By training soldiers in spottign their enemies from a distance, towers can become great scouts and defensive structures

I hope this is good enough

Level 37
First, thank you, M4stah. +rep for you that you have tried to help us.

However, we have a little problem here. Your descriptions doesn't tell actually how much it gives the bonus. There should be the percents to tell how much.

Also, there should be that "...of the following X..." in the end like I have said in the first post. There have to be that category so it will be easier for player to tell what categories this upgrade will be for. Current categories are: Workers, Troops, Cavalry, Siege, Ships, Flyers, Buildings and Towers. Current descriptions are double checked and they have the right categories in the end.

Otherwise, I think they are good enough. Don't know about Kitabatake who is a lot more strict than I'm.

Status
Not open for further replies.