• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

complicated spell request

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 17
hello everyone!!

i have been working on a passive/active ability and so far ive been unable to make it work :(

im trying to make the following : Holy Seal >> this is a passive ability that protects the hero himself from ranged and melee attack but it also grants the hero 25% chance to damage a target enemy unit and heal nearby allies.

the amount of damage is 100/150/200 the amount of healing is 80/105/130.

now there might be a very easy solution to this problem i will explain it down below but if there isent then i dont know what to do.

first of all is i have been able to make this ability.
well mostly, i combined the hardend skin and healing wave and the orb item (orb of slow/lightning) ability into a spell book and combine them with a trigger (wich works 100%) now the part that the hero is protected from some amount of melee and range attack works just fine,
the healing part and the 25% chance however dosent,
ive checked the healing wave ability to be able to be casted on enemies as well , the result was very nice,
i made 3 copies of this healing wave and made 3 copies of the orb (and since i dont want the 25% to change the %chance there is no problem bothering me with that) and add to my spell book ability togather with the hardend skin.

i made a fake ability and made a trigger to disable the spell book ability.
and made another trigger that >: adds the levels of this spell book to the learning hero as he learns the fake ability.

so the 25% chance works just fine (and "i have no problem with the orb ability working only when the hero engages in direct melee combat and also the unclickable form of the chosen ability showing in my heros ability bar") now as my hero attacks he casts his healing wave that heals a target enemy unit but despite i checked the ability to target enemies as well it only heals the primery enemy units the rest of the bounces of wave target ALLIED units.

so i thought if i made a simple damage trigger to damage the primery target if he is healed for 200 hp points and i made my trigger to damage the target for 350 points it will overally damage the target for 150 points.

my problem is that it only heals the primery enemy unit and bounces back to heal allies the damage trigger dosent work.

its a very simple damage trigger ive made and the strange thing is without it being combined with the orb ability ( just used as an active ability without the chance based regulation of the orb) it dose damage the enemy and heals allies but there is no chance based since i im using the ability out of the condition i want it to be in.

Last edited:
There are some other ways:
You can use chain lightning with negative damage to heal multiple enemies, healing wave won't target enemies cause of it's next target finding script only allowing allies.The only problem with the chaing lightning with negative damage is it will try to heal unhurt units.

pulverize with negative damage will heal too. Works on ranged & melee but the aoe Center is the attacker not the attacked unit.

Level 17
iv'e thought about using other ability's in their negative form but i didnt know about the 2 you mentioned would also heal, thanks!!

one other wierd thing i noticed when i mentioned i used the ability in its regular active form wich the trigger "did" work there was this strange problem that after using the ability, it just stay'ed active (the cooldown didn't work!!!) the CD was on 6 seconds and after using the CD didn't respond and the hero acted like if its stuck in a spell animation (like how dark rangers slince ability can keep the hero in the animation loop until moved) and i set no specific animations and i could see the ability still active (the small lightning or light that surrounds the icon of an ability right after a hero or unit starts casting it)

Level 24
Use this for detecting damage in the future, hands down my favourite
Lemme take a whack at this brb

So passive 25% chance to block/dodge and heal aoe nearby and damage the offending unit?

What's the active?

EDIT Here's the passive portion, it's 100% activation on the fallen priest unit
I'll get back from some dinner and finish once you post the rest, Cheers!

Edit2: Updated attachment

Attachments

• Fortune that favours.w3x
    48.7 KB · Views: 26
Last edited:
Level 17
i see what have you done and i have to say its not what i said

well the ability was a passive and active mix that's why i said passive/active

whichever this is a single ability that has 3 levels and dose 2 jobs

1: protects the paladin from a X% amount of melee and range damage. (reduces incoming damage)
2: it has a chance to strike an enemy unit and heal nearby allies,

so for example lets say i'm writing the description for the 3rd level of this ability

Holy Seal: Reduces incoming melee and range damage delt to the paladin by 25%
the paladin also has 20% chance to strike an enemy for 350 damage and heal nearby allies for 250 points.

using the mountain giants hardend skin ive pretty much made the passive half of this ability.

but the way you made it was when the attack was blocked it damaged the enemy and healed allies.

but anyway if you can make this(and has a chance to strike an enemy unit dealing damage and heal nearby allies) in singular that would be great!

Last edited:
Level 24
So flat 25% reduction from all physical attacks (not spell assuming)

And in essence, a X% crit that damages single target and heals aoe near himself?

What is the active component?

Im currently away from my computer i can attend to the fix later tomorrow

Level 17
yep thats it.

and i just "call" the damage and healing part active and the damage reducing part passive but the overall ability has no active (click and use) part in it if it makes you misunderstood then i will say it's
generally all passive.

Level 17
i see it works really nice
althoue i dont like the numbers around the units
its from the damage engine i think but thanks anyway.

i am going to make a post about another request tho .

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.