• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Coming soon... The Dark Cloud. The Perfect RPG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 18
the combat system is kinda like this :

You swing your sword by using the ESC key, and if you are in combat you will damage your enemy. The damage is based on the weopon that your holding.
- The way the damage is calculated is between two numbers (for instance 4 -9 damage)
and there is also a percentage of when you miss ( ex : 15 % chance to miss )
- this system also alows you to swiong your sword freely, whether you have an enemy or not, and you can attack while you move, so in a way, it is an ACTION type of combat sytem, and less of an RPG system.

Level 9
the combat system is kinda like this :

You swing your sword by using the ESC key, and if you are in combat you will damage your enemy. The damage is based on the weopon that your holding.
- The way the damage is calculated is between two numbers (for instance 4 -9 damage)
and there is also a percentage of when you miss ( ex : 15 % chance to miss )
- this system also alows you to swiong your sword freely, whether you have an enemy or not, and you can attack while you move, so in a way, it is an ACTION type of combat sytem, and less of an RPG system.

Escape key? o_O
Damn, then I would have to rewrite a couple of things, =P
Currently the hero automatically attack enemies in range/enemies attacking him/doesn't attack at all, depending on the stance he currently has.
(Agressive stance, defensive stance and avoid combat)

Should I just add the escape thingy and keep the stances, or rewite a couple of things?

Level 18
umm,

o ya i forgot.

is it possible to make a "4th stance" where you can attack with the escape key?

that way, some people have choises on how to fight and stuff...

that would be great roleplayngamer :D

eDit: thing is, the Esc key combat thing is with regular GUI triggers and crap...

i mean i could give you it to see what it looks like...its actually very simple.
one drawback to the ESC key system i have though is that its for only 1 weopon. IF i have alot of weopons in the game, it is gonna have to be one trigger for every weopon...

Level 9
Well, You can attack at any time by pressing the escape key (if the weapon is ready to attack, ofcourse), no matter which stance you're in. Pressing the escape key will only trigger a single attack, while with the stances, the hero will automatically attack targets. Escape key is pretty much useless if you are in Agressive or Defensive stance, as the hero will automatically attack when the weapon is ready, but if you're in Avoid Combat, the escape key can get very useful. =]

Level 18
ahh thats excellent !

edit : Added some screenshots... cause once more i was tired of terraining the map for 2 hours :/

the first one is a screenshot of the "character screen," where you can check your stats, "group members" (those are allys that you control), change your elemntal affinty, and profession stats etc... The screenshot is only showing the envirnment in which you view your stats,... so that u at least have an interesting background to look at while your changing affinities or something :p

the 2nd and 3rd are pics of "The Dim Dim Resturant " Its a wierd name...but its a wierd resturant :p

and by the way, Erya, the girl next to Seth is another main character... her story is interesting....

Attachments

• TDC 5 - Equipment Screen.jpg
    TDC 5 - Equipment Screen.jpg
    123 KB · Views: 309
  • TDC 6 - The Dim Dim Resturant 1.jpg
    TDC 6 - The Dim Dim Resturant 1.jpg
    349.9 KB · Views: 364
  • TDC 6 - The Dim Dim Resturant 2.jpg
    TDC 6 - The Dim Dim Resturant 2.jpg
    280.8 KB · Views: 415
Last edited:
Level 18
ahh : )

ive taken a small break from making this map...i started making a cinematic...

i have tested this map so many times that im bored out of my mind with it xD
that doesn't mean im gonna stop making it though...

my cinematic is called " The Legend of Ediathis Part 1 - A Fools Task"

its made with the UTM, so the terrain is beutiful :p

Level 4
somones should make a application that has a chatroom and people can and play these 50mb campaigns. or maybe its about time blizzard does it.. they seem to be sitting on there balls making millions a day off WoW. (well i guess there busy with SC2 and Diablo 3)

Level 2
That looks really cool!. About the map size, try just playing it with friends over a program like hamachi. Which in simple terms, makes LAN playable over the internet. Maybe making a multiplayer aspect for a few people just for lanning might be cool.

Level 2
But it would be worth the three hours! Just do it overnight or when you're at work/school etc. I would wait if I had to. But bad luck about the 2 days thing...maybe a little cash might not be wasted on a new net connection hehe.

Level 13
BTW if u ever needed a beta tester or a tester for tat i will toatly do it =] but im sad still since this is gonna be a long wait till this awsome looking rpg comes out btw 1 question will there be save and load crap didnt read top so dont know if there will be

Level 18
Update !

---

next week is a week off for me so that gives me time to work on this.

It turns out my cinematic is a success :D And it gave me new inspiration on the Dark Cloud RPG.

I am still working on the terrain of the entire thing.

i have not found any high resolution hero models. However, i think the main character model looks good ingame. If i find a high res model though, i might change his model ( though that might be bad for Roleplayngamer, since he requires the animation tags to make the hero system work )
but most likly the hero model will not be changed.

I have been working for the most part on the inside of buildings and crap. It takes about 2 hours to complete each house ( omfg it suks ) but in the end its worth it i guess. for u guys.

and lastly, ifigured out how to use invisible platforms to my advantage, and use them in making our main character to be able to walk onto the walls of Elora and other towers and crap. Its interesting. I have not tested it though so i have to see if the camera goes with it.

----

and i checked that site HFR, and i didn't find anything : / but thanks for all the help :D

and ohh by the way, the UI is definetly not permenent >.> i took away the old user interface because it looked shiity. I plan to either "make " an new user interface, or ask someone to contribute one for me, but that isn't important right now. not till the end of the project.

Level 8
lol Once again i say this is looking damn good. like all people around here i can't w8 when it gets released :). it's GOD-LIKE terrain. The character screen is a cool idea :) it's unique 2 o_O never seen a map whit it. About dread wood it's creepy and beautiful at the same time o_O can't explain wy it just is :p

Kind Regard's
Yours, Phoonix.

Status
Not open for further replies.