• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Combine 3 different orbs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
Well something like dota item Magic Bottle. When you recharge it with the fountain energy. The ability swap effects. Like full life energy, half energy and empty bottle. Something like that. Just by 1 click lets say you replace orb in inventory and you can always manipulate them

Level 8
So you want a series of items each with the ability to replace itself in its current slot in a given unit's inventory with a different particular item when actively clicked as well as a distinct automatic ability (or set therof) unique to that particular item? Items can be moved in and out of the inventory easily enough via triggers using custom dummy abilities. There is also the possibility of multi-level item spells. I've used triggers to modify non-hero multi-level spells on units before but never on items. I'm gonna have to fire up the ol' editor and do some tinkering.

Level 8
If I understand your request, I think I managed to something similar. The only down side is that when an orb is morphed, it doesn't always go back in the inventory slot occupied by the original. If there's an empty slot closer to the first slot, that's where the new orb goes.

Attachments

• orbs.w3x
    458.6 KB · Views: 37
Level 6
It seems i have problem with testing the map in game. The map doesn't open. I haven't test it on editor but if you are sure that its work, I'm grateful to you for the spend time

Status
Not open for further replies.