• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Coloured Light settings

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 23
I don't really get the question but if you mean light emitters for maps with custom DnC then yellow and white works the best while red is recommend so that player can still see in dark areas where there is barely any light like caves, dungeons etc.

I am aware of how this works.
What Im asking is how to achieve (in the model editor) a very intense colouring ingame.

The default settings on most light doodads are fine with whiteish lights.
For coloured ambients however, they are no where near intense enough.

Level 21
I think you're asking about intensity in the node manager? The plain Intensity (50) affects Color (blue) right above it, and Ambient Intensity (2) affects the Ambient Color (Red). So the blue lighting will be very bright, but the red lighting will be very dim. If you want extremely bright light, you can go up to something like 100 intensity.

Also, it helps a lot to raise omni lights further above the ground so the lighting spreads out more.

Attachments

• LightIntensity.jpg
    LightIntensity.jpg
    128.2 KB · Views: 104
Level 23
Alright, I don't think Ive managed to explain myself at all.

I know how to create a light model.
I know the intensity affects the brightness of the light.

What Id like to know is what exact settings I terms of intensity and other model fields to most terrainers use when it comes to creating coloured ambients in a relatively dark map.

eg. if intensity goes too high, it interrupts other light sources in the area.

Last edited:
Level 4
One light technique that I use is CTRL Page Up the light doodad a bit to make the light less blocky and seem more natural.

Attachments

• Light.png
    Light.png
    387.5 KB · Views: 81
Status
Not open for further replies.