• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Colored Mask in certain area

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
I need a colored mask for an area. It'll be the twisting nether so i need a purple mask.

The player owner of the triggering unit should get the purple mask and when the unit of the player gets out of the zone, remove the mask.

regards

Level 4
Apply a white mask with different color values.
Thanks but i need an areal only trigger. When the triggering unit gets out of the zone, make normal again.
I tried something out and i got the purple mask already, now i need an optimized implementation.

go through portal, boom, you are in twisting nether, boom, everything purple, you get out, everything normal
I know it shouldn't be too hard but i simply can't right the right trigger

Level 4
I experimentent the day and found it out eventually ^^

Basically just did what the first reply did, put a colored mask to owner of triggering unit that enter area. Worked perfectly and looks nice!
Worked with a green-ish (toxic mask) world and Dun Morogh (white snowy mask) world. I am really happy with the solution. Thank you all again

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
Every few seconds check if the player's camera target position is inside the rect/region. If so then tint it. If not then remove tint. One can use branching data structures to keep the complexity manageable.

This has the advantage that if the player moves their camera out of that area of the map then the effect will turn off as expected, irrespective of where their units are placed.

Level 4
Every few seconds check if the player's camera target position is inside the rect/region. If so then tint it. If not then remove tint. One can use branching data structures to keep the complexity manageable.

This has the advantage that if the player moves their camera out of that area of the map then the effect will turn off as expected, irrespective of where their units are placed.
I tried to be more simple buy basically having a one way ticket.
You enter the nether, kill a void lord and get teleported back to hub, slowly fading back in and normal again.
Happy to be able to work with colored masks now. Its so nice having an additional flair with the colored screen surround.

Status
Not open for further replies.