• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

COLOR TD v2.6

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
= COLOR TD =
Version 2.6 Final

CHANGELOG for version 2.6:
* Fixed text in Damage Temple Tower.
* Fixed replay saving problem.
* Changed towers and upgrade icons.
* Balanced some towers gold cost.
* Added a Score system. (-score)

SUBMIT YOUR SCORE IN THIS FORUM! ^^

COLOR TD is and individual TD based on 4 colors (BLUE, GREEN, YELLOW and RED). Each color has its type of damage, and there are 4 types of armor matching those type of colors. Each damage makes more or less damage to each armor, like any TD.

Waves / Creep Levels:

There are 20 Creep levels (One harder than the other) and 5 Extra Final Levels, even harder. Air levels come every 5 levels. You can check any creep level's armor and HP in the middle bottom of the map. Also a green orb will be shown in the current level.

Damage towers and Maze towers:

Damage towers are build to make damage to creeps. There are 4 types of Damage Tower based on 4 colours: Blue, Green, Yellow and Red. Each of these towers has a special abilities detailed on the game (Poison Damage, Frost Splash Damage, Multiple Attack, Critical Strike).
Maze towers don't have attack damage, they are built with Build Points (a type of resource) and they are used to make your maze for the creeps. There are 3 types of Maze Towers: Rock, Glacier and Aura Temple. Each one of these has a special abilities detailed on the game (Immolatoin, Slow aura, Damage aura and Speed aura)

Resources:

The basic resources are:
GOLD: Used to build Damage Towers and make upgrades of both type towers. You gain gold from killing creeps.
BUILD POINTS: Used to build Maze Towers. You get 3 Build Points in each level.
TOWERS AVAILABLE: This is the amout of towers you can build. You get 10 more towers available to build every 5 levels.

* Why a limit of towers?
This TD is harder than others... you can't just build a MASSIVE maze and make creeps go round and round for an hour... so your 1-1 damage towers can kill them... In this TD you need to check creeps armor, and build the specific towers and specific maze for succeed.

* Can I block the way?
I wouldn't try that... Blocking the way does not work in this TD.

* What's wrong with HARD mode? I can't survive the 1st wave...
Just practice a lot in EASY and MEDIUM to know the damages and armors before trying to play in HARD mode.
If you only want to survive the first wave in HARD mode, just build a BLUE tower and upgrade it.

dificulty.jpg

sc03.jpg

damagetowers.jpg

colortdmap.jpg

Keywords:
TD tower defense color
Contents

COLOR TD v2.6 (Map)

Reviews
02:55, 31st Jul 2010 ap0calypse: Rejected
Level 17
This is my review of Poke td [beta].

Pros:
-Scalable difficulties.
-The range checker was quite cool, I admit.
-The ideas of towers for sole purpose of building mazes was quite cool.
-The maximum number of towers helped this map differ from other TDs.

Cons:
-The ALL CAPS at the beginning seemed unnecessary.
-While terrain isn't extremely important in a TD, there was definitely room for improvement.
-A lot of the map was unused. Not much you can do about that now, though.

Rating: 3.0 and recommended for approval.

Level 3
Con 1: I made this for noobs, but you are right, i will remove those CAPS and make a little text for noobs after they choose dificulty

Con 2: Putting effort on making a good-looking terrain does not take away room for improvement...

Con 3: Does unused map space in editor make the map heavier in MBs?

busterkomo thank u for reviewing my map^^

PD: I am planning to add a "Bet" system... so you bet certain amount of gold that the next wave you will kill a certain number of creeps (or all) and you get the pot if you win, or loose all you have bet. So I'm working on that :)

and what you think of adding 10 more levels?

Level 3
time between waves is good, think about it:

to play in hard you must sell for 100% and build the specific tower with the specific attack for the next wave, and upgrade it, and change between rocks, glaciers and poker temples... you need time to do this...

plus, I've started this map with 1:50 between waves, and THAT was long, 50 secods is allright... I will put 40 seconds in next update for you to test it ^^

FrozenFenrir said:
this td is pretty short =/

yeah sure... is pretty short if you lose in creep level 2 :p
anyway, my goal is not to make a 3 hours map, my goal is making a good map for td pros... so noobs wont last even the 1st wave... (unless they play in easy like they always do)

Last edited:
Level 1
time between waves is good, think about it:

to play in hard you must sell for 100% and build the specific tower with the specific attack for the next wave, and upgrade it, and change between rocks, glaciers and poker temples... you need time to do this...

plus, I've started this map with 1:50 between waves, and THAT was long, 50 secods is allright... I will put 40 seconds in next update for you to test it ^^
why dont u add some kind of...race mode?
or at least a command like "-next" or something to start the next wave of the own line

yeah sure... is pretty short if you lose in creep level 2 :p
i dont lose that easy lol =P

Level 3
FrozenFenrir said:
or at least a command like "-next" or something to start the next wave of the own line

mmm... im not SOOOOOO good at triggering :$ my map is based on time waves for all players alike...
If i would do what you say, i'd have to code all the map again, and start writing self-waves of creeps for each player...

BTW: if you help me a bit, i could start working on that

kyle150 said:
I thought this was going to be like the classic Poker TD from a long time ago, where suits/numbers/face-cards make a set.

I dont know that map... When i made this one starting from an own idea, I thought about some kind of randomness in damage or something,, but i didnt get to develop it well

Level 1
Hello,

You know [bk's] Gem TD ? Its smiliar to your map in a way. You place 5 random towers each round (you choose only one of them) and maze around way points. Well, it has a race mode were when a player kills his own wave the next wave for him starts automatically. It also has tower combinations and other features. Maybe you should have a look at it. The map is here: [BK's] Gem TD v4.1b - Warcraft 3 Maps - EpicWar.com. You can also have a look at the old poker td here: Poker TD 2.0 Final - Warcraft 3 Maps - EpicWar.com. You can try to make diffrent modes like classic mode, race mode etc.. and the host chooses one of them at the beginning of the game. Of-cource as you said if someone else would help you with the map it will be better. The old poker td wasnt that good and is already gone. And y change the name to something thats different as this will make more ppl go for the map. I hope this map will be better. I still didnt try it, waiting for the full release of the map.

Level 1
You know [bk's] Gem TD ? Its smiliar to your map in a way. ... .... I still didnt try it, waiting for the full release of the map.

u havent tried it but u say its similiar to gem td?
if u would have taken a short look u would see both of them are totally different from each other.
the only thing where are both same is...well...they are both a td
thats all

Level 3
Zaplobe, Frozen is right... how can u tell they are the same if you didnt try it?
everything is not what is seems

I played a lot gems td, and they're not the same... my map is still not based on randomness

well anyway thank you a lot for the link to poker td older version i will take a look when i come back home, this monday :)

hvo-busterkomo said:
A lot of the map was unused. Not much you can do about that now, though.

i always say this: (Dont know how to say it in english, anyone who can translate it from spanish to english will be apreciated)

"siempre es mejor que sobre y no que falte"

what im trying to say is that always is better to have, and not to not-have :p... if someday I want to add something to the map, or make any changes that envolve enlarging the map, i would have to make it again.... i dont think that space unused in editor counts in the map lenght (at least not if im optimizing it with MapOptimizer)

anyone who know about this, it would be nice to get informed and learn more :)

BTW:: OMG this is a laaarge reply... hope at least 70% of it is well written... sorry for my bad english plz :$

til later^^

Level 1
Opps, So this map still has no randomness like in gem td or the old poker td. Do you intead to put randomness in choosing the towers you build each round?. Well, if your arent going to put randomness then nvm what i said about it being like gem td and you dont have to look at the older poker td. This reminded me of the old poker td (from its name) and i thought that this will be something similar too although i read the description first. Maybe its just a different idea. How do you intend to make it diffrent from other tds?

Level 5
I played this. I liked it! I got (on first try) to lvl X4, on Normal. But I found a bug!
PokerTD.jpg

As you see, it says that you have lost all your lifes. Game Over. Even though i had 13 lives left. (as shown on the picture) Then it shows, that zenai was defeated (which was true enough.) but please, dont make everyone get the message 'game over' when some1 gets defeated!

Level 5
k i will wok on that :)

in wich version did u get this message?

Version 1.5. (downloaded today so ^^)

Oh yeah! the speed aura and dmg aura has the same description. Also Heart Stopper is spelled with one p, and not two (stoper.)
And Heart stopper kinda makes me think its a stunning attack, and not a multi-attack spell.

Level 3
thanks for the suggestions :D

1- change heart stoper name to something more related to multiattack
2- speed and damage aura fix :p

EDIT: Just checked and the tooltips of damage and speed aura are OK

Just fixed the thing about the text with defeated players, and forgot to re-edit the minimap image to 1.6 :$
jaja

im kinda busy right now ^^

Level 6
i think the name is kinda annoying because this map offers nothing related to poker expect the card colors. so the name should be "Card TD".
so like other people said you should get a random tower of a color and then combine them if you are able to. that would make it kinda special and more like poker.

Level 3
thank u for the suggestion :)

im alone in this proyect... and also working in another one (with my brother).. more complicated, so i can not spend much time in this TD...

anyway i wrote some stuff about random towers.. have an idea but cant make it now :)

Level 17
This map wont get approved if it doesnt change name. The name is already taken by the map.. well... Poker TD... and that map was created late 2004 or early 2005, i dont remember. Please change the name since many people joins and when we starts they are like "WTF!!! THIS IS NOT POKER TD!" and leaves the game and it ends up with me and hopefully one more guy that i can play it with. :S

Level 4
very good td and it's not similiar to [bk's] gem td AT ALL.I found two bugs while i was playing, fisrt the range checker:900 AoE is like a channeling spell and builder casts it until u order him to stop.Second again for range checker:500 AoE when i casted it , builder did nothing if u compare it with the other checkers (the casting move).The aura temple upgrates to two different tower but their ability discription says the same thing (ability :attack speed aura) and when u upgrate them they are different .The one is damage aura and the other speed aura.Btw i played the updated version 8th June 2009

Level 3
well those are not bugs... after all its a range CHECKER you dont need to click, just hold the AOE in the screen to check ranges :)

well in the 2.6 I fixed things that people told me via mail...

hope everything goes allright...

I will implement a Ranking System for the next version... I need at least 10 scores from people to make it for the next version...

Last edited: