• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Color scheme

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 14
I have changed the style back to Night Elf upon request of multiple users. You know you can change it, right? Scroll down completely and take a look at the bottom left of the browser's screen. There should be a drop-down menu there.

Thank you. The organic aspect of this site really makes me feel comfortable. (if it makes any sense)

Rui

Rui

Level 41
That's good to hear, CR, I had spoken only with the staff, but I had the idea of perhaps having a new Zerg forum skin to kick in with Heart of the Swarm, I've been using this Night Elf skin forever, I'd like some variety, and it'd be fitting, anyway! Interested?^^

That's good to hear, CR, I had spoken only with the staff, but I had the idea of perhaps having a new Zerg forum skin to kick in with Heart of the Swarm, I've been using this Night Elf skin forever, I'd like some variety, and it'd be fitting, anyway! Interested?^^

well. this is a warcraft forum, so a new night elf look might be better.
However it is the HIVE very zerg appropriate.

The final decision are up to users and the admins, and I will assist whatever the outcome is.

Level 48
Undead, Orc or Human would be for the best, in my humble opinion. The Night Elf theme looks good as it is, and we already have a SC2 theme(the site is more WC3 oriented either way).
And CR, if you're ACTUALLY going to make a theme for the Hive... I can only believe it will be amazing! Good luck, and I hope you're actually going to do it. :)

Rui

Rui

Level 41
I like the Night Elf as it is, I think there is no need for a new one. Zerg would be more fitting because of the «Hive» connotation, and well, it helps bring in new people if the colors are actually bearable for more than just a few minutes and if the skin overall is of higher quality.

EDIT:
Slight off-topic observation, your post count matches your reputation count exactly ;P

I know!
Forum skin contest.
OhWUT.

Yeah, open it up to allow people to modify their own skins (no negative server side effects. proboards has it).

Tell them to screenshot it, or develop a way to transfer the skin via file which can then be uploaded, or maybe an .html file that can be viewed (just a single test page).

Winner gets a medal.

/fistpump

I like the Night Elf as it is, I think there is no need for a new one. Zerg would be more fitting because of the «Hive» connotation, and well, it helps bring in new people if the colors are actually bearable for more than just a few minutes and if the skin overall is of higher quality.

EDIT:
Slight off-topic observation, your post count matches your reputation count exactly ;P

Ha you are right! lolz

Level 22
I know!
Forum skin contest.
OhWUT.

Yeah, open it up to allow people to modify their own skins (no negative server side effects. proboards has it).

Tell them to screenshot it, or develop a way to transfer the skin via file which can then be uploaded, or maybe an .html file that can be viewed (just a single test page).

Winner gets a medal.

/fistpump

That much * was given here about SC2, its skin or anything related to it for that matter.

Last edited by a moderator:

Rui

Rui

Level 41
(...)
Forum skin contest.
(...)
That's an idea.

I hope the Admin will not change this again, but rather just put optional change of schemes...
That's what happens when you TL;DR.
attachment.php

P.S. -- If you were talking about actual colors, well, that can't be changed. What we could do is create a new style with the same forum skin but with a different color scheme.

Last edited:
Level 23
That's an idea.

That's what happens when you TL;DR.
attachment.php

P.S. -- If you were talking about actual colors, well, that can't be changed. What we could do is create a new style with the same forum skin but with a different color scheme.

My problem was that the skin didnt get saved as Website configuration but as cookie?!
Those are deleted anyway when I close my browser.
Kinda miss the cupcakes tho and got used to terran anyway.
New CR Nightelv would be insane tho!!

My problem was that the skin didnt get saved as Website configuration but as cookie?!
Those are deleted anyway when I close my browser.
Kinda miss the cupcakes tho and got used to terran anyway.
New CR Nightelv would be insane tho!!

More green and jungle overgrown. Can be just a modification to existing Nightelf look, a pimp-UP in a way.

Will take less time then doing the new one from scratch and will have that new website smell to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.