• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Colbert For President!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
As some of you may know, Stephen Colbert announced yesterday night that he is running for President. What do you think his chances are?
I, personally, think that he will make it past the primaries, but definitely not win.

Level 36
Stephen Colbert is a retard.

He's the best political satirist the States have ever seen.

And personally, I'd write his name on the ballot anyway just to show how fucked up US politics are that people are actually willing to vote for a comedian over 'real' politicians.

'real' is in quotes because it's debatable the legitimacy of said politicians actual knowledge of running a government.

Level 34
I like Rick Mercer! For those who have no idea who he is, he does the same thing for Canada. He was part of 'This Hour has 22 Minutes', before he got his own show.

Level 13
My father is a pot smoking hippy with a Greatful Dead FLAG and a life sized cut out of Gery Garcia... and he said he is gonna vote for good ol' Colbert. If thats not saying something...

If I could I would vote for him... a comidian as president will change this contry and it's relations with the rest of the wolrd for the better.

Aperently Russia's president Gladamire Pootan (thats prolly spelled wrong) is a possible running mate, as anyone who watched last nights show may know. XD

Level 26
Yeah, Rick Mercer is a great comedian, and on top of that he's relevant to Canadian politics. Since Colbert's domain is US politics, it's harder to enjoy when you're Canadian.
Yeah, but his parodying of the conservative viewpoint is hilarious either way. Many people live in a political bubble (have no idea of current events), but still find him very funny (me).

Level 35
The president is not a figurehead. Contrary to popular belief. His power just isnt oriented towards domestic policy. But his real power is in foreign policy, and with his post as supreme commander of the US military.

But his greatest power, is the power of persuasion. FDR is a great example of this.

Status
Not open for further replies.