• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Codeless Save and Load (Multiplayer) - v3.0.1

Information

If you've ever wanted to transfer progress between multiplayer maps, you probably needed to type in a long code.

That is no longer needed with this system. This will allow you to read save data from your WC3 folder and sync it to all other players in the map.

The demo map features:
  1. Load without typing anything
  2. Save Hero
    • Level/XP
    • Items
    • Abilities
    • Hero Name

3. 5 Save Slots
* Everything is customizable and you can make the system save & load anything you want.

* This system is intended for GUI users.

Installation

To import the system, all you have to do is copy the trigger folders over to your map and save it.

Screenshots

untitled5-png.241496

untitled3-png.241494

untitled4-png.241495

113935-913340d9135dcfb50a7ac3b3dff3e424.png

Credits

Pipedream (optimal save system)
Previews
Contents

Codeless Save & Load v1.3.9 (Map)

Codeless Save & Load v3.0.1 (Map)

Reviews
Awaiting further review
Level 6
Im trying to import this into my map when i test this map in the editor it saves heroes just fine and loads them when i import to my map it says local files aint enabled

Level 12
A bit of a random post from me, however I would very much like if this system was operational.

I've tried numerous of times to make this work but to no avail.

• I've set the Aerial Shackle to 2 and it's thing to ''!'' but that didn't affect it one bit.
  • I'm simply trying to store Integer data, such as: Wins / Losses, MMR, win rate and basic stuff like that.

Has anyone had success with the mentioned things above?

Hello guys, is there a solution to the problem that the list of characters to load does not update during the game.

Example: When I save my level 5 hero in slot 2 and he goes up to level 6 or higher and saves in slot 2 again and uses a hero pick up system he returns to the level of the first time I saved in slot 5 and not level 10, but if I create the map again and load space 2 it returns to level 10.
Currently looking into this. Looks like this is a known bug on the blizzard forums with Preloaded files

Level 24
Currently looking into this. Looks like this is a known bug on the blizzard forums with Preloaded files

I don't think so, because that bug was solved in the 1.35 version

Level 18
A bit of a random post from me, however I would very much like if this system was operational.

I've tried numerous of times to make this work but to no avail.

• I've set the Aerial Shackle to 2 and it's thing to ''!'' but that didn't affect it one bit.
  • I'm simply trying to store Integer data, such as: Wins / Losses, MMR, win rate and basic stuff like that.

Has anyone had success with the mentioned things above?
We will need more information, such as how you are saving and loading the data. I am not sure you are aware that you have to load data in the reverse order that you saved the data in.

Level 12
We will need more information, such as how you are saving and loading the data. I am not sure you are aware that you have to load data in the reverse order that you saved the data in.

Yep, I've tried every possible way that I could think of to load it but I just couldn't get it to work.

Maybe that's just me, if someone else had success with save / load data such as: Real Values, Integer Values, Gold, Lumber - feel free to let me know or share your version of map so we can see what are you doing correctly :D

I don't think so, because that bug was solved in the 1.35 version
Apparently not in this case. If you test out the save/load feature in the example map it can write/save the contents multiple times, but only loads what what was first initially read by the Preloader no matter how many times you write to the files.
Preloader() seems to read the file contents only once and then must cache them somewhere

Have tried to look for an error in the code but haven't been able to find any therefore I assume the aggressive caching isn't fully fixed on Blizzard's end.

Edit: To give more context yes the aggressive caching was mostly fixed for most errors it was causing in-game but I think in this case when it comes to the Preloader(file) function it still seems to only return whatever it first preloaded, effectively breaking subsequent save and loads. If you have a map where this save/load feature works correctly that'd be greatly appreciated.

Last edited:
Found a fix!

Using backup files we can save our current character on these backup files along with the main file. Then by storing the current number of the backup per slot in udg_NumberOfSaves[playerNumber*12+slot] we can load our character's progress without restarting the map by loading the most recent backup file. Each time the map is re-loaded udg_NumberOfSaves is reset, however since we still save our character to the mainfile the game still knows what our current character's progress is. The backup files are then overwritten from the last game as new saves are made in the current one.

TL: DR;
Save, Load, and Delete via the GUI dialog now all work correctly, regardless of caching.

See changes in
  • SampleDialogSystem,
  • SaveHelperLib,
  • SaveFile

Attachments

• Codeless Save Load v3.0.1_BackUp.w3x
    154.3 KB · Views: 3
Last edited: