• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Code Wipe for v1.2?

Do you think there should be a code wipe with v1.2?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Since Zwiebelchen had the idea of the community to make a poll to decide whether or not we want the code wipe, and that he would stick by our decision I went ahead and created a poll for everyone to vote.

I know there are many opinions and sides to this question, and I think most of us know what the pros and cons are for both a wipe and no wipe. Instead of reiterating the points I think we should just make a simple poll about what you ultimately want to happen for v1.2.

Level 2
Another way to look at it is i rarely get to play gaias due to exams and studying so grinding all the way back is gonna feel like a chore

Level 4
Another way to look at it is i rarely get to play gaias due to exams and studying so grinding all the way back is gonna feel like a chore

I'm sure with the new update there will be new mobs etc, I myself don't have alot of time to play gaias due to my studies and other obligations but I still got 25-30 in less than 2 hours of playing..that's quite easy.

Level 3
Yeah, I agree with a code wipe since there are too many abusers out there which cheated their d3 or Mana Crystal items with some bugs from older versions. For the balance it's better to start again without these cheated/bugged items.

Players who really love Gaias will start again and enjoy the game :)

Level 5
No more shared unit control(mana crystal items for anyone), and d3 exploits but i think you could release a code wiped version before the 1.2, just a 1.1i to allow players to be lvling again before 1.2 cause it will take long to be released.

Level 4
No more shared unit control(mana crystal items for anyone), and d3 exploits but i think you could release a code wiped version before the 1.2, just a 1.1i to allow players to be lvling again before 1.2 cause it will take long to be released.

Also another good idea, seeing as Zwiebelchen said he's only finished 6 of the 30 new skills so far, so we may not be seeing 1.2 for a good amount of time.

That's my only issue if the community votes in favor of a wipe, is if 1.2 isn't coming out for a month or two, if we know a wipe is coming then there's not much of a point to continue playing until it is released. Releasing a 1.1i version with the code wipe and the bug fixes and everything would be fantastic.

Level 4
I will do that once the poll gets me a final result. Btw what bugs?

Bugs/exploits what have you, there is one thing that I've noticed since I started playing Gaias again. As a squire, whenever I go up against caster mobs, and they start channeling their spells and I use either hateful strike or shield smash to cancel the spell, occasionally their cast still goes through regardless of me stopping the channeling. I don't know if anyone else has noticed this or if it could be fixed...but I just find it annoying sometimes when running dungeons and I'm cancelling a heal cast or something and it will still go through anyway.

Zwiebelchen

Hosted Project GR
Level 35
Bugs/exploits what have you, there is one thing that I've noticed since I started playing Gaias again. As a squire, whenever I go up against caster mobs, and they start channeling their spells and I use either hateful strike or shield smash to cancel the spell, occasionally their cast still goes through regardless of me stopping the channeling. I don't know if anyone else has noticed this or if it could be fixed...but I just find it annoying sometimes when running dungeons and I'm cancelling a heal cast or something and it will still go through anyway.
This happens because the spells fire a little moment (0,2-0,3s) before the bar is filled completely for optical and gameplay reasons. Simply cancel or stun more early and it should be fine.

Level 4
This happens because the spells fire a little moment (0,2-0,3s) before the bar is filled completely for optical and gameplay reasons. Simply cancel or stun more early and it should be fine.

It still happens sometimes even if I stop the cast before it reaches half, it's weird.

Level 4
Code-Wipe Opinion

Well.... wipping the code out is a greats solution for version 1.2 and other abusbs share-trade and etc... but.. in my opinion i would say no for this...... people spending their time lvling, looking for party for D3 and etc.....then....people starting this little bug thingie and mess up the game....:/ its seen kinda not fair to those who didn't started the bug and get code-wiped.. and this game has been cancel about years ago... wouldnt it be lame.. for all those time they spent?? :/ idk.. its my opinion.

Last edited:
Level 2
Been busy with my thesis atm, so less time available.
I support a codewipe, but just an additional mention:
Another common method to fully gear up was via repick after doing a d3 run.
Since there was no level restriction on which item your backpack can hold, one could obtain a fully geared low level character, then just level them up to the level requirement.
While I agree the level requirement for the backpack should be lower than the requirement for the character, there should be some sort of restriction. This would imply players who did at least level other characters past a certain level, say 35, would still be able to repick and gear up after a d3 run.
The other alternative is just to remove the -repick option?

Zwiebelchen

Hosted Project GR
Level 35
I am currently working on a 1.1i version of Gaias Retaliation, including some bug fixes, improved pvp-combat and a PvP-team-arena feature.

I will take this poll as a definite decision for a code wipe in 1.1i in preparation for the upcoming 1.2 version, so tell all your friends about this poll. I need a clear result with many votes!

Level 8
codewipe, there's nothing like screwing those cheaters over

You got the point, but there is not many of them since not many know actually how to, and even so it;s deadly slow and stupid to play like this.

and usualy most loud ppl about cheating do it themselves, cos they know how to.

Level 8
Wiping items from below 1.2 version would be great...

good vs cheaters and not agaisnt those who worked on level, farmed mats for fire ress gear and scrolls

Jumbo

Hosted Project GR
Level 19
Hawajska, i have played this map since there were only 3 classes, and i dont mind losing all my characters to an improved version like the 2-4 times before this one (i obviously don't remember how many wipes there have been). It's not about whether you have the time to farm it back or not, if you don't want to then fine, but for the rest of us, just playing this amazing mod (yes i will call it a mod, not map) with new content is what matters.

Level 3
Wiping items from below 1.2 version would be great...

good vs cheaters and not agaisnt those who worked on level, farmed mats for fire ress gear and scrolls

Nah, cheaters got their high Levels because they were able to kill the bosses in d3. And they were able to kill them because they got these items they do not deserve. So they do not deserve their high levels as well.

Level 1-33 is nothing, you can do this with ogres in 2-3 hours.

Level 5
Every reset adds replay value to the map, sure, this can be achieved by deleting your folder with codes in also, but a codewipe usually makes a map popular again.

Level 8
Nah, cheaters got their high Levels because they were able to kill the bosses in d3. And they were able to kill them because they got these items they do not deserve. So they do not deserve their high levels as well.

Level 1-33 is nothing, you can do this with ogres in 2-3 hours.

Nor items nor high level wont give much chances soloing d3.

Btw it's not u who was showing off with Gaspode control b4?

Level 1
To all of you noobs out there who voted for wipe code: don't you think that a lot of people will stop playing Gaia after they lose their codes? Can you imagine how hard it is to get a group for D3 runs? I think people should be able to play ORPG maps alone as well as with a group.

Level 3
Nor items nor high level wont give much chances soloing d3.

Btw it's not u who was showing off with Gaspode control b4?

Ofc they cant solo them. But they can be part of a group who is able to do it.

Showing off? I mentioned that there is this bug and that ppl abuse it to get items and my idea was to get a code wipe against all these bug abusers as u can read in my post here: http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/...ias-1-2-yes-im-not-joking-196148/index21.html

So I kinda reported this bug and my post was the reason why Zwiebelchen said the community will decide about a code wipe for 1.2.

And u accuse me for what? Sry, my english isn't that good since it's my 3rd language so plz explain me in simple english what exactly u accuse me for.

To all of you noobs out there who voted for wipe code: don't you think that a lot of people will stop playing Gaia after they lose their codes? Can you imagine how hard it is to get a group for D3 runs? I think people should be able to play ORPG maps alone as well as with a group.

Bullshit
First of all, it's a team-map. Nobody shall be able to play it solo, that's not intended. Your idea is wrong.
Secondly it's soo easy to get lvl 33 in 2-3 hours if you have a party. If you don't have friends to play with because u still think battle.net is the place to be it's your fault. There are many communities out there, check Garena for example.

Level 5
list of ppl who voted wipe:
Avshar, BeHo, cooI_Ilama, Femoika, Jumbo, Koloricsi, LanderZ, Lipton, muzzel, mynickisnick, Risk.frishers, S0ulseeker, SAMCRO, satoshikid, Ski_pie, texugo1337, Vamp1re, Zwiebelchen
So your saying the mapmakers are noobs? And if you think a code wipe will screw your life that much just don't play it anymore.

Level 6
In all fairness, I am a noob to this game (not even a level 20 char yet), but I agree with the notion of code wipes if obvious exploits are found/used.

But that's just my opinion.

Level 8
I dont accuse, just ask cos I remember some1 with similar nick and also with crusader who was useing this bug in public game so I just ask if it wasn't you.

B4 1.1e came out I was simply using Gaspode to kill any who tryed to bug with hes own weapon for fun ;)

And i rly prefer to do d3 in 20 mins than in 1,5 hours using bug, it's just nerdplay.

I'm up for reset items & mana crystals from previous gaia versions, but not to reset levels ,scrolls, and mats, lets alteast let old gaia players keep what they erned with long ours searching for team to ding this level, or even for casual 15 level who did xx times d1 for scroll.

If it's not possible, fine, but dont five a fuck about reset to show middle finger to cheaters cos there is maybe 1% of tatol gaia players and most of em are here on this forum talking about it.

Have a sweet dreams...

Level 4
I think they're going to release v1.1i once they feel the poll has run long enough and if the community votes pro wipe, they will release v1.1i so everyone can relevel and regear their characters in preparation for v1.2.

I am currently working on a 1.1i version of Gaias Retaliation, including some bug fixes, improved pvp-combat and a PvP-team-arena feature.

I will take this poll as a definite decision for a code wipe in 1.1i in preparation for the upcoming 1.2 version, so tell all your friends about this poll. I need a clear result with many votes!

As you can see, v1.1i will be an update for other things other than "if" the code wipe occurs. If the community is in the majority for no wipe, then I'm sure they'll just release 1.1i with the other fixes and updates that they wanted to put in before 1.2

Level 19
A code wipe would encourage players to get playing again (Since most of them are quite high in levels, they could enjoy the thrill of getting new stuff and leveling again) and yeah, I support it:)

Zwiebelchen

Hosted Project GR
Level 35
So the decision is made. I'm gonna wipe the code for 1.1i, making some changes to the database of Gaias Retaliation at the same time.
I will upload the new version with the new Team Arena feature once I tested it on multiplayer.

EDIT: If someone reads this ... I could need somebody able to host right now. Just whisper "Todeszwiebel" on european Bnet realm

Level 4
I can host,but I will be off for the next 3-5 hours from now, just see if im online in BNet under the name "FunnyDog"

Edit: Im on european bnet realm

Level 10
So the decision is made. I'm gonna wipe the code for 1.1i, making some changes to the database of Gaias Retaliation at the same time.
I will upload the new version with the new Team Arena feature once I tested it on multiplayer.

Out of curiosity what can you do exactly in the team arena? Is it just like player vs player, party vs party or is it party vs mobs, is there a fee to enter it, if you die in it do you lose gold, will there be a 60 second respawn time on death, etc.

EDIT: Also I'm excited to hear about the codewipe! :D +1 makes me happy. Are the changes being done to the database have something to do with increasing save code lengths to add more saveable space for future updates (e.g. if a 6th class was added, new items and spells)

Zwiebelchen

Hosted Project GR
Level 35
Out of curiosity what can you do exactly in the team arena? Is it just like player vs player, party vs party or is it party vs mobs, is there a fee to enter it, if you die in it do you lose gold, will there be a 60 second respawn time on death, etc.
Its player vs. player or party vs. party. Both is possible.
There's no fee, but there is also no 'reward' for it although I wanted to add something. It's almost a given fact that players would abuse this if I would give a reward for pvp ... so it's just for fun.
You do not lose gold when dying, as you never did when being killed by players. You will respawn instantly outside of the arena when you die.

EDIT: Also I'm excited to hear about the codewipe! :D +1 makes me happy. Are the changes being done to the database have something to do with increasing save code lengths to add more saveable space for future updates (e.g. if a 6th class was added, new items and spells)
Both. The code will not be longer because of this, but I will alter some of the variables I store to the code to get more 'bang for your buck'.
That being: I will decrease some maxintegers that I set up way to high (i.e. the number of base class spells or mana crystals you can have) and increase the maxintegers for other variables I set up to low in limit (i.e. the number of advanced class spells, the number of items being able to be stored, etc.).

All in all, the code length will not change. Maybe by one or two characters, but definitely not more.

Status
Not open for further replies.