• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Will there be a code wipe due to WC3: reforged?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Basically, the subject says it all. I have heard some people speculating that due to new WC3 map editor the codes are going to be wiped. Is it correct or not? Can't decide whether I want to farm all the banners due to those rumors =)))

Jumbo

Hosted Project GR
Level 18
Yes.

But it will probably be at least six months (if not a year) before a new version of Gaias is out, so you shouldn't think too much about it presently.

Last edited:
Level 10
I haven't heard anything personally about a code wipe myself, however I do believe the wc3 reforged editor is going to have some big changes for map making. If I recall correctly (I may be 100% wrong about this)I think maps will have an option to do a built in -save feature moving forward as well and if that is the case it would allow Zwiebel to add way more content to the map without the limitations that are currently save codes.

Level 23
if that is the case it would allow Zwiebel to add way more content to the map without the limitations that are currently save codes.

If the mechanism is anything like sc2 banks you still need some sort of (de)serialization, especially with rpgs because bank files are simple XML(i.e. open to modification).
A load-code is basically just compressed and obfuscated data, I don't see any inherent limitations in them now that you can load files anyway?
Unless I'm missing something it would probably be easiest to just write the existing code into a bank, but idk how flexible zwieb's system is.

Level 10
well the current limitations with the save system is if zwiebel wanted more items to be saved the save code will have to become longer and there is only so long a code can realistically get. If the save functions are happening all internally behind the scenes it removes much of the headache

Jumbo

Hosted Project GR
Level 18
To add to what S0ul wrote, I'd say that cheaters are a regretable part of any online RPG. However, in the skill based gameplay of Gaias it is easy for anyone with a little play time to call the bluff when a newcomer somehow has legendary items and lvl 50 or insane stats. This can lead to reporting and people (at least their current nick) getting banned from the community.

Status
Not open for further replies.