• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Gaias 1.2 ... and yes, I'm not joking.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
Hello everyone! I was playing gaia much some time ago and want to play again but cant host it. Can anyone give me rights to use gaiashostbot on europe?

Level 10
Hello everyone! I was playing gaia much some time ago and want to play again but cant host it. Can anyone give me rights to use gaiashostbot on europe?

This post is completely out of context in this thread. This thread is for the purpose of discussing the new version 1.2 coming out. A question like this should be addressed, if anywhere, in the thread entitled "Current Gaias Hostbots".

Having said that I believe Shapy is the one who is currently running that bot so he is the person in which you would want to talk to about that, but as someone else pointed out earlier today
GaiasHostBot appears as "in channel 'The Void' ",whats wrong with the bot again..

Indicating that the bot itself isn't even really working atm so it's almost irrelevant. This isn't the first time that I have seen the bot in the "void channel" myself, but it was resolved fairly quickly the last time I noticed it so maybe it will be back up shortly.

As an alternative to using the GaiasHostBot you could always try the website: www.http://makemehost.com/ That website allows you to host any warcraft III map on the list online through the bots on their servers. There is also Clan Gaia@Azeroth (Us East) in which i personally run and own where people tend to get together and play. I will admit though that since our bot has stopped working our clan has become quite barren and not many people venture there anymore so it may not be the best way to go about playing, but always worth a shot in the long run. So as you can see there are multiple methods of going about playing. Good luck and enjoy.

Level 6
Having said that I believe Shapy is the one who is currently running that bot so he is the person in which you would want to talk to about that, but as someone else pointed out earlier today

Indicating that the bot itself isn't even really working atm so it's almost irrelevant. This isn't the first time that I have seen the bot in the "void channel" myself, but it was resolved fairly quickly the last time I noticed it so maybe it will be back up shortly.

The bot is running very good. The point is he wont host more than 2 games at once, that means it can happen that the bot stucks into "the Void". So if u see the bot chilling out do it too ^^

And yes im the owner of the host but i wont give admin rights to somebody i actually dont know.

and plz back to topic.

Level 6
about tower....boss could greet the adventurers in ground floor and send them the troops against...he moves to top of tower (chickenboss) and set some sub bosses (with special abilitys) in the upper floors (like in the Bruce Lee movie)

every sub boss drops a item u need to open a portal in the cellar to reach big boss at penthouse
(i would say power crystal splitters to do a power crystal for the portal generator)

a WIP picture of the dwarven village in the mountains.

Attachments

• 34.jpg
    34.jpg
    436.9 KB · Views: 303
Level 9
OKay Box and I have a question: Will there be other bosses that will drop shadow seal or something that will complete the "shadow seal" quest.

Also Box came up with a boss idea. A team f gargoyals inhabits the tower, mostly resistant to every magic cept water except when they get "soaked" they're armor goes down and lightning will do full damage+the 20%.

Level 13
Do you and box even still play? Also isn't the shadow seal quest complete, it completes itself once you use the item. If it started a chain quest that would also be pretty cool.

There won't be any magic immune bosses in 1.2. The maximum you can expect are resistances or an immunity to one element, but then the encounter will have something that still makes casters worth it in the group.

I simply feel that encounters that are immune to magic are frustrating for caster classes. Also, immunities will lead to mono-setups, where stacking up one damage dealer class will be the top priority. I don't like that.

Immunities might be part of boss skills, however. Good example for this is the Spirit Of Magic of the mage class change quest.

Earlier in the thread, there was this question about negative resistances of units. There won't be negative resistances, as I feel it would mess up the balancing, making one caster class far superior in damage compared to others on this certain encounter. I always try to make all damage dealers equally useful for almost all of the encounters.

Level 8
Earlier in the thread, there was this question about negative resistances of units. There won't be negative resistances, as I feel it would mess up the balancing, making one caster class far superior in damage compared to others on this certain encounter. I always try to make all damage dealers equally useful for almost all of the encounters.

Mages atm do like 120-140 dps compared to 180-220 ass/zerker
I know they are aoe dps and that's why u decided to keep their dps lower,
but for boss fight they are equal and negative ressistance for certain units could balance dps.

Mages atm do like 120-140 dps compared to 180-220 ass/zerker
I know they are aoe dps and that's why u decided to keep their dps lower,
but for boss fight they are equal and negative ressistance for certain units could balance dps.
First: Those numbers are bull. And you know that. Mages deal like 180 dps compared to 220 of berserkers. Berserkers are overpowered, I agree and will get nerfed a little in 1.2, either by gear or by skills.
Necromancers are even higher, dishing out the highest single target dps of all classes.

Negative resistances are never a way to fix a bad dps balancing.

Level 11
Question: What level will the first monsters be at in the 1.2 content? I wanna know if its possible to start at the area when you are around level 32 or so.

Like in the beginner area when you fight level 6 Thiefs and then you get across the bridge to level +12 Gnolls and 11 boars.
Its a problem if you are like 2-3 persons trying to level up without a dedicated tank or healer.

Level 8
Z u sure about it?

Cos I asked mages and they say they do 130-140 dps
with my bishop 114sp with spam soulstrike i do like 120 dps and thi spell is x3sp.

I don't make those numbers up. Remember that gear isn't neccesarily balanaced and that DPS numbers can vary between classes by alot on the different tiers.

The first 1.2 creeps will start at level 25, to provide an alternative to ogres.
The levels of the creeps raise relatively fast to level 30. Level 30 is the expected level for the first new quest hub.
You will then have the non-snow mountain areas for level 30-40. The snow terrain will quickly lead you towards level 50, with two more quest hubs.
Like 50% of the snow terrain will be covered by level 50 content and group quests.

Remember that the areas are gigantic. The whole area of the mountains is larger in area of the farmland, trade route area and mytargas together.

attached is a picture of a birdseye view of the snow part of the new landscape. Notice that the mountain area extends by almost the same size non-snowed to the east, which is not on the screen.

Attachments

• mappreview.jpg
    mappreview.jpg
    773.9 KB · Views: 344
Level 10
I don't make those numbers up. Remember that gear isn't neccesarily balanaced and that DPS numbers can vary between classes by alot on the different tiers.

The first 1.2 creeps will start at level 25, to provide an alternative to ogres.
The levels of the creeps raise relatively fast to level 30. Level 30 is the expected level for the first new quest hub.
You will then have the non-snow mountain areas for level 30-40. The snow terrain will quickly lead you towards level 50, with two more quest hubs.
Like 50% of the snow terrain will be covered by level 50 content and group quests.

Remember that the areas are gigantic. The whole area of the mountains is larger in area of the farmland, trade route area and mytargas together.

attached is a picture of a birdseye view of the snow part of the new landscape. Notice that the mountain area extends by almost the same size non-snowed to the east, which is not on the screen.

Very, very, very nice! The new terrain will be huge!
Awesome work Zwiebelchen.

Level 6
@ progress
zwiebel is working on the map. me personally i hadn`t proper internet the last week (kinda hard where i am right now) but we are working that much i can promise u.

@ icons
i guess zwiebel didnt created items now that will be one of the last actions of 1.2.

my 2 cents (zwiebel correct me if im wrong)

Level 6
yeah hard to say if u dont see it ingame and its a bit to bright right now.

I also found some time to finish my tower. Here u can see the Bibi W.I.P maybe i have to do some minor changes and maybe i have to remove some spiderwebs. (bit to much but i love them) Hope u like it and have some feedback what i could improve.

Attachments

• Bibi.jpg
    Bibi.jpg
    358.1 KB · Views: 2,652
Level 6

I also found some time to finish my tower. Here u can see the Bibi W.I.P maybe i have to do some minor changes and maybe i have to remove some spiderwebs. (bit to much but i love them) Hope u like it and have some feedback what i could improve.

nice but why the books only red and blue like mana and health potions?:ogre_icwydt:

Level 10

Very nice! I like it, reminds me of Karazhan.

Level 6
nice but why the books only red and blue like mana and health potions?:ogre_icwydt:

its not just red and blue there are couple of more colors but yeah u right it looks like there are just 2-4 different colors of the books. The Problem is the leak of modells. (or lets say we dont want to waste space for more modells)

Level 13
Tbh it might look better if they were all the same colour, a dark shade of red that shows age, or something.

Level 6
atm i use 2 bookmodells and 3 variations of each book for the bibi. i would love to have 1-2 more modells but thats just more space which we might need in 1.2 or further versions !

Level 8
welll... colour of the books isn't most important part of the game but if u just lower contrast and make it more gray(dust covered) it will look cool while using low amount of colours and book models.

Level 13
lolol the books don't really bloody matter. I'm just looking forward to seeing that tower in action.

Level 10
Fer Realz the tower looks amazing. Great work. No need to waste extra space on something so insignificant that many players wouldn't have even really have noticed unless they just stared at them endlessly for several minutes

Fer Realz the tower looks amazing. Great work. No need to waste extra space on something so insignificant that many players wouldn't have even really have noticed unless they just stared at them endlessly for several minutes
Heh, and you haven't even seen the OUTSIDE of this tower ... :D

Just a new model I made from scratch. Its a replacement for the ugly standard world tree model that actually has branches and has animations to slowly fade it to transparent when the camera comes close. The treetops will be placed individually and have a seperate model which can also turn transparent.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 208
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 236
Level 10
Zwiebel why are you and your team so awesome? I wish 1.2 would just magically be released tomorrow since with each feature you keep showcasing the harder it becomes to wait for next version, but take all the time you need. As always I'm sure v1.2 will be spectacular. it really seems like it will be a big update :]

Status
Not open for further replies.