• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

{Closed} Huge Mountians?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
Looking across WOW pictures, I've noticed that they have those giant cliffs and I was wondering how will you guys make those? The max Height is less than 9000.

Level 8
Problem with making stuff smaller is that the tile sets get too big. Craka, actually, if you edit Misc Data, you can see that -9000 is the lowest and somewhere around 6000 is the highest and comparing to WOW, that isn't really that high.

Level 25
We can't make the mod's scale of everything exactly the same as in WoW. We'd be able to make very little stuff per map. We try to scale everything as accurately as we can though. Right now, all the maps are about 190x190 up to 256x256, but I found a program that allows me to make the maximum size of each level to about 410x410, which is nearly twice the size of what we have now. The Open BETA won't feature 400x400+ size maps though (except for Orgrimmar and perhaps a couple other areas) but gradually as the public versions are being released the zones will be redone entirely and be much larger and much more accurate too.

Level 18
lol new jen pack makes it maximum map size of 480 x 480 ! not 410 x 410 !

and you can make realistic mountains.... its not that hard.
check out my wheel of time map. It has realisticly sized mountains...ones that actually appear to be fucking mountains. not complicated at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.