• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Solved] How to make Flying units not affected by terrain height?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
Howdey there! Just a quick question....I was wondering if there was a way to make it so a flying unit isn't effected by terrain height? What I mean by that is- well, when you bring a flying unit over higher terrain, the unit model faces upwards, or downwards when you move down a cliff.... I want to make it so the model stays at the same height....and make it so it doesn't make a nose dive when simply going over a cliff :p
the reason being, I'm trying to make a cinematic where a spaceship is flying over the landscape, and it looks really clunky and awkward with it bouncing all over the place :p

Can I change this in the unit settings? I've tried setting the max height of the unit to its current height, but that diddn't work~

Any how, yeah, just wondering~ THaks! :)

Level 7
Howdey there! Just a quick question....I was wondering if there was a way to make it so a flying unit isn't effected by terrain height? What I mean by that is- well, when you bring a flying unit over higher terrain, the unit model faces upwards, or downwards when you move down a cliff.... I want to make it so the model stays at the same height....and make it so it doesn't make a nose dive when simply going over a cliff :p
the reason being, I'm trying to make a cinematic where a spaceship is flying over the landscape, and it looks really clunky and awkward with it bouncing all over the place :p

Can I change this in the unit settings? I've tried setting the max height of the unit to its current height, but that diddn't work~

Any how, yeah, just wondering~ THaks! :)
I did a test and it seems to work if you make the unit fly over invisible platforms.
Place the platforms at the same height with CTRL+Page Up/Page Down.

THank youuuu!!

I think this might also work

Duuude! Thank you so much! This actually worked so much better!! Exactely what I was looking for! :D

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.